• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistanis warned for ball tampering again

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just been reported on Oz tv that Simon Taufel cautioned Younis Khan (Pakistan Captain) against ball tampering during match at Champions Trophy

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You must be desperate to badmouth Pakistan and hence two threads on same topic. Here is the report :-

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20685207-2722,00.html

The ICC last night insisted that no charges had been laid, with ICC cricket manager Dave Richardson refusing to comment on any particular incident.

"During the course of a match, umpires routinely inspect the ball and speak to the (fielding) captain,"
Richardson said last night.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say it has more to do with the problems the site has been having than any desperation to badmouth Pakistan. Lots of double posting and so on recently.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why would an umpire think about laying a charge? Seems the ball tampering issue will go the way of others like throwing, with the umpires nothaving the power to rule on it and the matter onlybeing dealt with later.
Anyway, thank goodness no charges laid. Last thing the game needs at the moment.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Burgey said:
Why would an umpire think about laying a charge? Seems the ball tampering issue will go the way of others like throwing, with the umpires nothaving the power to rule on it and the matter onlybeing dealt with later.
Wasn't that pretty much how it was though, before the new five run penalty?

Don't know the specifics of this one, but a bit of a funny "opinion piece" from Conn. Probably well handled by Taufel though - if nothing was going on, no harm done, and if Pakistani players were doing anything rotten, they get a clear signal that Taufel's paying attention. Mind you, they'd be absolutely CRAZY if they were trying something like this after all that's happened.

Unassociated to this, some bizarre comments from Speed near the bottom of the article. Par for the course though, I suppose.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'd say it has more to do with the problems the site has been having than any desperation to badmouth Pakistan. Lots of double posting and so on recently.
Sure, Site problems changed the title of the thread as well.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Unassociated to this, some bizarre comments from Speed near the bottom of the article. Par for the course though, I suppose.
typical mud-slinging effort (and inaccurate as well, india won the world championship of cricket tourney in australia in 1985 and a couple of asia cups, a rothmans cup, a sharjah cup etc etc....since) from the jerk....i'm sure the jerks in the bcci will respond in kind...:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
typical mud-slinging effort (and inaccurate as well, india won the world championship of cricket tourney in australia in 1985 and a couple of asia cups, a rothmans cup, a sharjah cup etc etc....since) from the jerk....i'm sure the jerks in the bcci will respond in kind...:)
Speed clearly said an ICC event and he is right India has not won any ICC event since 1983. Although we did share the trophy with SriLanka after the finals were washed out.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Speed clearly said an ICC event and he is right India has not won any ICC event since 1983. Although we did share the trophy with SriLanka after the finals were washed out.
aren't those icc events? what is the difference?

Slow Love™

International Captain
Sanz said:
Sure, Site problems changed the title of the thread as well.
To be fair, probably implies he tried to rename the title after it seemed the first one didn't go through. I've done it myself, but you're best off loading the page in between just to make sure the first one didn't get posted.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz said:
You must be desperate to badmouth Pakistan and hence two threads on same topic. Here is the report :-

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20685207-2722,00.html

The ICC last night insisted that no charges had been laid, with ICC cricket manager Dave Richardson refusing to comment on any particular incident.

"During the course of a match, umpires routinely inspect the ball and speak to the (fielding) captain,"
Richardson said last night.
Thread didnt appear after initial post, so went back and did it again

BTW, do u really think Pakistan need my help in lowering their image any further?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
aren't those icc events? what is the difference?
Events like those are not promoted by ICC, sure they still come under ICC's jurisdiction as far as cricket rules, appointing umpires etc, but they are arranged by individual boards as opposed to ICC WC/CT.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
Thread didnt appear after initial post, so went back and did it again

BTW, do u really think Pakistan need my help in lowering their image any further?
Fair Enough, I apologize for my rude post.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Events like those are not promoted by ICC, sure they still come under ICC's jurisdiction as far as cricket rules, appointing umpires etc, but they are arranged by individual boards as opposed to ICC WC/CT.
ok got it...went back and re-read that article...still didn't see where he specified icc events though...even if he did, what is the relevance of icc events vs non-icc events as long as it is a legitimate cricketing event? doesn't performance in non-icc events count? of course it does...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
ok got it...went back and re-read that article...still didn't see where he specified icc events though...even if he did, what is the relevance of icc events vs non-icc events as long as it is a legitimate cricketing event? doesn't performance in non-icc events count? of course it does...
I think Speed did say ICC event (According to Cricinfo). Modi has accused ICC of under-selling ICC events like World Cups and CT, and that's probably is the reason for Speed's swipe about India not winning an ICC event.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
I think Speed did say ICC event (According to Cricinfo). Modi has accused ICC of under-selling ICC events like World Cups and CT, and that's probably is the reason for Speed's swipe about India not winning an ICC event.
ok now i understand the context...i was just going off of that article...the way these two stupid organizations are "flexing their muscles" these days, they should definitely be tested for illegal steroid use....:)