• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

National Teams

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Holland U12 is the youngest we have

U12
U13
U15A
U15B
U17
U19
U23

thats it :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
Holland U12 is the youngest we have

U12
U13
U15A
U15B
U17
U19
U23

thats it :)
Bit of a different case though - the national side is more or less the step above club level isn't it. I know they play against English county youth team opposition anyway. Over here I think there is an England U17 side, but I'm not sure that's the lowest. There is definitely a North/South of England side for younger age groups though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Bit of a different case though - the national side is more or less the step above club level isn't it. I know they play against English county youth team opposition anyway. Over here I think there is an England U17 side, but I'm not sure that's the lowest. There is definitely a North/South of England side for younger age groups though.
Nah, there is England U-15s

http://www.ecb.co.uk/england/england-age-group/

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have an Under 18 Merit squad that is really a forebearer to being in the Under 19's team the next year.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
Holland's national side is the same level as an English county, and most of our counties go down to U10.

We have West/North/South/East squads at U13 level and National at U15.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They always name an Aus U/15 squad, but only sometimes (once every three years or so) do they play against another country.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
They always name an Aus U/15 squad, but only sometimes (once every three years or so) do they play against another country.
How do they pick that? I didn't think the states had Under 15 sides, probably wrong.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
burkey_1988 said:
How do they pick that? I didn't think the states had Under 15 sides, probably wrong.
They do, but it's usually run by the Secondary School Sports Associations of each state, not by the various Cricket Associations.