• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hameed and Kamal likely to be recalled

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah Kamal over Iqbal anyday. Poor guy gets one test and then misses 10. Hameed is good and we should use him in tests. I like the way the openers are doing in ODIs though, so leave them be.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good news that there is some competition for places, that always helps people to perform. Pity that Salman Butt is woefully out of form, he looked the goods a little while ago.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Kamal is an excellent choice for Tests, Hameed I feel would do better in ODIs, but our Test opening situation is more dire, so I can understand why they'd do it. Farhat should partner him at the top, IMO. The bigger problem though, is the bowlers, I don't see any one good beside Kaneria and Gul.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ye Akmal would be a top call, couldn't under why he hadn't played for Pakistan when England toured last year. Not sure about Hammed as yet, Malik/Farhat for me could be a good opening par.

But realistically its the pace-bowlers that Pakistan really need now, batting talent is around..

haroon510

International 12th Man
i was thinking if instead of faisal kamal would have been in the team in england tests. would the result be different?
here is faisal's performance in 4 tests played in the summer in England
4 149 58* 24.83 0 1