• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest paid cricketers?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I assume the total money earned by cricketers is highest for Indian players, though with the rupee weak compared to many other nations, others might be close.

Anyone have any idea how much cricketers from all the nations make (including endorsements)?

I know Sachin Tendulkar makes around $13.5million - $14million USD. So thats a decent wage in any sport, and though it doesn't compare to the Schumasters and Woods of the world, its a good wage for any player. I am wondering how other cricketers (especially non-Indian ones) fare?

open365

International Vice-Captain
Ryan Sidebottom a reliable left arm seamer gets paid 70 grand a year by Nottinghamshire.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
open365 said:
Ryan Sidebottom a reliable left arm seamer gets paid 70 grand a year by Nottinghamshire.
I assume FC cricketers don't have any other endorsements and things like that in England?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well, I'm guessing that the highest profile ones get paid that most. It seems pretty obvious that Flintoff, Warne, Pietersen, Tendulkar, McGrath, Lara and Dave Mohammed get the most in sponsorships, and so on, simply because of their fame.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Well, I'm guessing that the highest profile ones get paid that most. It seems pretty obvious that Flintoff, Warne, Pietersen, Tendulkar, McGrath, Lara and Dave Mohammed get the most in sponsorships, and so on, simply because of their fame.

Well I know that Tendulkar is the highest paid cricketer in the world, but I don't know how close behind the others are.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
It's a pretty safe bet that Warne will be very high up that list, probably 2nd.
I would bet that at least two other Indian cricketers are ahead of him on that list. Even MS Dhoni, he's everywhere on posters and things.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Why would Indian players be better paid that Aussie ones?
You have to understand - this is not a reflection of their skill. India is just the biggest market.

In fact, I would venture to say that Irfan Pathan made more last year than Shane Warne (though I am not 100% sure on that). Dhoni, I think, definitely did.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
pitty the Indians only care about India :(

Sidebottom isnt even payed that good.
surprises me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
according to this Tendulkar earns about Rs30cr which is about £3.5m from endorsements per year. Dhoni earned about half a million from endorsments in his first year.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
superkingdave said:
according to this Tendulkar earns about Rs30cr which is about £3.5m from endorsements per year. Dhoni earned about half a million from endorsments in his first year.
Thats just endoresements per year that he signs. He has a permanent contract with other companies (i.e he recently sold his rights for $25 million over five years), which is in addition to that.

http://www.paycheck.in/main/VIPPaycheck/salaryminute/minutedetails
http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2941/stories/20061014014300400.htm

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
It might help the old pacer problem.
Forget the money, I would make it mandatory for all females to perform oral *** on any half-decent pace bowler who wants to move and play for India.