• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib 2, Asif 1. Both banned

Dravid

International Captain
I just saw this on the news here in India. Muhammad Asif and Shoaib Akthar both have been banned from International Cricket. Shoaib Akthar for 2 years, and Asif for 1. According to the news, the hearing JUST took place and it might a couple of hours until it gets on Cricinfo.

Akthar's career is ruined.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I can't find anything online so far. It will be a sad way to end a career and halt a promising one. However, both brought this on themselves. Very depressing.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How can Asif only get 1? Under the ICCs doping rules, the minimum for a first offence is 2 years.

Dravid

International Captain
steds said:
How can Asif only get 1? Under the ICCs doping rules, the minimum for a first offence is 2 years.
No clue whats going on with that. Waiting for Cricinfo to come out with a report, should cover it all.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm a bit confused about the different lengths of the bans. Would have to wait for details to come out to find out why the difference? Perhaps Shoaib's past history was taken into account?

Dravid

International Captain
If I was Asif I would be happy it's only one year, he still has his whole career in front of him and there is no doubt he is going to get back into the Pakistani squad.

irfan

State Captain
Interesting.

Akhtar's career in jeopardy, Asif must keep traning in that period to ensure he is fit enough for selection at the end of next year. Big body blow for Pak - onus on Gul has to carry the attack before WC.

abu

Banned
i am sad for asif, but i am glad akthar has been banned, he is just very arrogant player. no team needs a player like him

Achtung Baby

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I personally am very sad especiallly about not seeing akhtar again. during my early teens i always preferred balling spin but it was akhtar's balling during 1999 ind-pak series that i took up fast balling. Though i dont ball that fast but it surely gives me more high then balling slow spin.
I hope i can see akhtar again though chances of that happening are very slim.
I am just too sad....:(