• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib 2, Asif 1. Both banned

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
He claims that he has a high protein intake” Yet his biceps (according to the personal ad) are only 12 ½ inches and his chest is not much cop as well. Some high protein intake indeed. 8-)
Heh high protein intake without weight training = fat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shoulda been a year each for mine; Ahktar's **** and bull story only slightly less convincing than Warne's was.

FRAZ

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
A sad sad day indeed:(
Me heart broken . Shoaib will be missed tbh . After all the goofs and bloopers ,he was (or still is) a showman .
I remember reading an interview of an actress (May be Bahar ) who used to play only the negative roles (Sas bahu types) was watching her own film while wearing a burqa in the theatre and she said that after watching the film when she came out then she heard an elderly woman cursing in punjabi at her and said that her face is so cruel and she is always that bad in every film and I hate her to death .
The actress mentioned in the interview ,"That was the highest point of my career and I felt proud in myself that day" .
Shoaib Akhtar will be missed by me atleast ...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FRAZ said:
Me heart broken . Shoaib will be missed tbh . After all the goofs and bloopers ,he was (or still is) a showman .
I remember reading an interview of an actress (May be Bahar ) who used to play only the negative roles (Sas bahu types) was watching her own film while wearing a burqa in the theatre and she said that after watching the film when she came out then she heard an elderly woman cursing in punjabi at her and said that her face is so cruel and she is always that bad in every film and I hate her to death .
The actress mentioned in the interview ,"That was the highest point of my career and I felt proud in myself that day" .
Shoaib Akhtar will be missed by me atleast ...
Inzy?

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
I don't want any thing and actually please don't discuss awards and let my mind speak out cuz have no interest what so ever in them tbh . I have spent long enough time ,in exile and in the cabinet itself so sunny please !!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FRAZ said:
I don't want any thing and actually please don't discuss awards and let my mind speak out cuz have no interest what so ever in them tbh . I have spent long enough time ,in exile and in the cabinet itself so sunny please !!
Another inzy?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FRAZ said:
Pratyush , You know that !
I don't dude but any way I understand you feeling sad. I have been a huge fan of Akhtar from very early and though I think it is right he is banned, I will miss him too.

Prof.Critic

Cricket Spectator
Cricket Observer

Hi guys,
The dope tests shud be made mandatory and samples shud be taken after every match. What do u all say?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Fusion said:

Great link Fusion. Having read it, it REALLY makes Aktar look guilty.

He refuses to take a test that can prove if the steriod was made via his body or given externally (i mean that in itself is a big sign of guilt imo).

Also he admits to taking 'off the cuff' medicines and refuses to state what they are or who gave them to him.
I mean, for a professional sportsmen to take none mainstream substances that 'friends' offered him is unbelievable!
Either he's an idiot or covering himself.

No wonder they gave him the full 2 years!

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Another inzy?
Ever since th jury has been modified and changed and has gone to the hands of kiddos , I have stopped following the awards and will not accept any in the future tbh . And seniors are arrogant enough by not giving any attention to them .
The problem is that whenever I tried to post any thing then there are screams that Inzy , Inzy Inzy ,And I cannot focus properly on the precision and accuracy of the posts . If you wanna talk about INZYs then 2004 was the year dominated by me and Partyush knows that !
I ll go for life time achievement one some day .............

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Fusion said:
"The case of Mohammad Asif is on a somewhat different footing with regard to the level of his responsibility. Mohammad Asif became a regular member of the Pakistan Team in March 2006. He was not tested previously. It is not shown that he was ever present at any lecture or session with regard to the Anti Doping Regulations or list of prohibited substances. There is some doubt whether he was even handed over the WADA 2006 list of prohibited substances and WADA Athlete Guide prior to the departure of the team for the England tour in August 2006. He was amongst those who gave his sample on the very first date of sample taking viz 25.9.2006 and did not try and delay the sample taking. He said in response to a question put by us that he had been using Promax but had stopped as soon as the Team Physiotherapist told him to do so. Mr. Darryn Lifson the Team Physiotherapist has confirmed before us that Mohammad Asif stopped the use of Promax-50 (purchased by him locally) as soon as he was told to do so. We have ourselves noticed during the hearings that Mohammad Asif's command of English is limited and we are clear that he could not possibly have understood the WADA publications without someone helping him to understand their contents. No such guidance or counseling was provided. He has stated before us that he is unable to explain why his urine sample has tested positive for the nandrolone metabolite"
Sounds like a failure on the management's part to be honest.

FRAZ

International Captain
open365 said:
Who are you fraz?
Oh yeah I remember you were the one whoes F word was publicly and most deservingly handled by me in a proper way recently .I can't expect any thing other than kiddish stupidity..
Anyways ! the saddest day here . And have no interest what so ever in the mediocre BS of an attack of Pakistan any more ..
P.S. Please hold the sarcasm and be good !

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Prof.Critic said:
Hi guys,
The dope tests shud be made mandatory and samples shud be taken after every match. What do u all say?
Why not, pretty simple procedure pissing into jar. Astonished that Shoaib has only best tested twice in his career, American sportsman are tested more frequently than that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
open365 said:
Dude, not meaning to be offensive, but you speak just a little clearer?
He was pretty clear really. :sleep: Fraz is a hero. Do not doubt or question him.

Last edited: