• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has there ever been a Test cricketer to whine to the papers so much as...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shane Watson?

First there was Kym Johnston.
Then there was ghosts.
Then there was Kym Johnston.
Fourth of all, there was Tom Williams, with Kym Johnston.
Then it was the curry's too hot.
Then it's "I'm having a heart attack".
And finally, he whinges about Kym Johnston again.

I say, "No."

archie mac

International Coach
In 1898 there was a lot made about complaints from Ranji, such as a fly getting into his eye just as he was about to play the ball. There were some great cartoons, but I could not find them on the Web:@

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate, have you seen Kym Johnston? If she ran out on me, I'd be whinging too.:jawdrop:

Maybe he saw the ghost of Kym Johnston......

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZTailender said:
What was the one about ghosts?
IIRC it was during the Ashes tour or SA tour and where Australia were playing there were supposedly ghosts in Watson's hotel room or something.

Perm

Maybe not to the papers so much but do Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith come to mind? They are both very whiny captains.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
IIRC it was during the Ashes tour or SA tour and where Australia were playing there were supposedly ghosts in Watson's hotel room or something.
That ghosts thing was hilarious - I think it was two or three players that got spooked, not just Watson. Didn't someone like Flintoff or Harmy put their arms above their head and go "Whooooo" after they dismissed one of the Aussie players concerned, during the Ashes?

Anyway, is Kym Johnston the lady Watson was with at the AB Medal before last? 'Cause ten bucks says she had nads.

bagapath

International Captain
mohammad azharuddin. he claimed he was targeted for match fixing allegations for hailing from a minority religion. this after captaining the team for years!!! what a pathetic loser! and biggest whiner of all!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slow Love™ said:
That ghosts thing was hilarious - I think it was two or three players that got spooked, not just Watson. Didn't someone like Flintoff or Harmy put their arms above their head and go "Whooooo" after they dismissed one of the Aussie players concerned, during the Ashes?

Anyway, is Kym Johnston the lady Watson was with at the AB Medal before last? 'Cause ten bucks says she had nads.
IIRC it was Goughy in one of the ODIs beforehand.

Yep, good old Google:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Craig McMillan always felt he had "silenced" his knockers when he made his one good score in every ten innings. Styris is a bit of a moaner too - although what am I complaining for? Moaners make for good copy.

Slow Love™

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
IIRC it was Goughy in one of the ODIs beforehand.

Yep, good old Google:

Yeah, that's the one. Funny how the memory plays tricks - I named that as one of the best moments of the ODI series just before the Ashes started, but my recall was that it was somebody a bit more physically imposing than Goughy. Looks a bit tragic in the pic, but was a lot better live.

cristal

Cricket Spectator
vic_orthdox said:
Shane Watson?

First there was Kym Johnston.
Then there was ghosts.
Then there was Kym Johnston.
Fourth of all, there was Tom Williams, with Kym Johnston.
Then it was the curry's too hot.
Then it's "I'm having a heart attack".
And finally, he whinges about Kym Johnston again.

I say, "No."
Actually, he's never spoken about Kym Johnson publicly until now.
Here's an article which confirms that:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,20660892-11088,00.html

And this is his new girlfriend: Lee Furlong

tooextracool

International Coach
I came across this tidbit recently on the telegraph which i thought was quite amusing:
"First, there was the incident with Kevin Pietersen. This occurred after Watson was disappointed to discover that his fiancee, the professional dancer Kym Johnson, had left him for Tom Williams, her partner on Dancing with the Stars. Pietersen had just put Watson in row Z and Watson attempted to give him some agg. KP just smiled and allegedly replied: 'You're just upset 'cos no one loves you any more.' Watson, infuriated, stomped off to square-leg. Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn are said to have approached Pietersen to congratulate him on the sledge."

Perm

If that story is true then it gives me a whole new level of respect for Pietersen.