• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 22nd -29th Oct

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy said:
Yet we have an award this week from a post in the Staff forum. Proof positive that the awards are not just considered within the vacuum of CC.
The stupid Aussie in charge messed up.

And by CC, I include the sub forums underneath it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
It's solely based on what he posts in CC - has been since day 1 and will always remain so...
I understood that, and have no issue with that. I guess rather than arguing that his rant in OT should have counted against him, I was questioning the awarding of the "encouragement" award to somebody who won't ever be posting on this site again...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Instead of arguing amongst yourselves over such petty details, shouldn't you all be busy discussing my greatness?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Mr Mxyzptlk, Two weeks in a row! Well done and well deserved Liam
Only just noticed this for the first time! Let alone twice in a row. Stunned, tbh.

Thoroughly undeserved... but I'll take it anyway.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Instead of arguing amongst yourselves over such petty details, shouldn't you all be busy discussing my greatness?
No.
Should I disqualify you this week on grounds of "unsportsmanlike conduct" and "lack of humility"? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
LOL - this sort of post makes me laugh, but will never win awards ;)

aussie tragic

International Captain
archie mac said:
Congratulations to the following:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: aussie tragic
Just noticed this and I was humbled by it, until I became more concerned that SS won the Bradman (as if his head wasn't big enough already). So how are we going to win any arguments against him now? :D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Just noticed this and I was humbled by it, until I became more concerned that SS won the Bradman (as if his head wasn't big enough already). So how are we going to win any arguments against him now? :D
You had little chance before, you have no hope now. I can just point to my Bradman, and the debate ends there.