• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harder spin

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turbinator said:
See but not when it pitches wide of leg stump and hits the leg, it doesnt reach wide of offstump...like you know what I mean?

Cause in my interschool games, these guys don't really turn the ball a lot for it to reach wide of offstump.
You should open up your stance then. Get squarer (or less square rather... not sure what the term is... basically, get a little more like Chanderpaul, but not quite as much) and bat outside legstump. Play to your strengths. Don't let the bowler dictate to you.

It's what Lehmann did against the West Indian offspinners a while back.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You should open up your stance then. Get squarer and bat outside legstump. Play to your strengths. Don't let the bowler dictate to you.

It's what Lehmann did against the West Indian offspinners a while back.
Thanks for the advice. :) I'll try it out.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A good leg-spinner is harder to play than a good off-spinner.

A bad leg-spinner is easier to play than a bad off-spinner.

For me.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I constantly try to slap Leg Spinners, and it doesn't really seem to work at all.
I hit a 4 against an Off Spinner last season. Makes my decision for me.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leg spinners are generally the better bowlers as you get higher up in the intensity and level of the cricket you're playing, off spinners are generally handled pretty well unless they have an unsual action and can bowl a doosra like Harbhajan or Muralitharan.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I generally find that leg spinners are more dangerous, as they often have more variations. On the other hand I find off spinners harder to get away. Obviously though it all depends on the quality of the spinner.

luffy

International Captain
I find Leg Spinners harder as i tend to step away from the ball and can be caught LBW against Leg spin, while with OFF spin i step into it and can hit away.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vic_orthdox said:
A good leg-spinner is harder to play than a good off-spinner.

A bad leg-spinner is easier to play than a bad off-spinner.

For me.
Yes for me as well. Good Leg spin is almost as attacking as fast bowling. The problem is, good leg spin is a very difficult art to perfect. There is huge margin for straying and bowling bad balls by a leg spinner as well which can result in gifts for batsmen. A bad leg spinner would get it terribly wrong a lot. An off spinner doesn't have as much control or pitching problem at large which means he will not bowl as many bad bowls as a bad leg spinner might.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
hopefully "the little magician" will get back to his best but there was a big warning sign against the aussies he looked very nervous and did not have the swagger when he was the no1