• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Trescothick be dropped?????

Should trescothick be dropped?

• Yes

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
well....trescothick has not been selected for the 1st test....any thoughts? Has he been dropped....?
Well he couldn't have been dropped as he wasn't in the side. From what I know England are trying to do this right and not rush him back and he himself knows he is not ready and should be playing county cricket for quite abit longer before even thinking about a Test recall.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well he couldn't have been dropped as he wasn't in the side. From what I know England are trying to do this right and not rush him back and he himself knows he is not ready and should be playing county cricket for quite abit longer before even thinking about a Test recall.
Yeah, exactly. He wants to come back when he's ready, not just when he's able.

He's started the season in storming form regardless, that 284 the other day wasn't half bad. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's good to see he's not being rushed back. But I want to see him back sometime. Never rated him too high as a Test batsman as you all know, but no-one deserves to end their career the way he would do should he never get back in.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
TBH, there've been a few *not-bad* innings at Taunton this season.

It's good to see he's not being rushed back, though. But I want to see him back sometime. Never rated him too high as a Test batsman as you all know, but no-one deserves to end their career the way he would do should he never get back in.
Haha, fair point, but it didn't come at Taunton. It came at the County Ground, Northampton.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/countycricket2007/engine/current/match/268131.html

;)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's a good thing that he hasn't been rushed back in, let him get used to the way things go at a high level and then he should be able to step up for England.

stumpski

International Captain
Something of an under-achiever in his early years - he's been playing county cricket since around 1995, but took a while to establish himself.

But the potential was always there - he made a triple-hundred in the fourth innings of a second XI game when he was only 18 or so.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan's average is very much a split affair - up to 1999 his average was barely over 30 and he'd only had 1 especially good season (1998) but since 2000 (the time he started playing for England) his average has been in the 50s IIRR.

cover drive man

International Captain
Trescothick seems to think that he can come in and out of the team when he wants! Is that really tyhe sort of attitude England need at the moment, especially when they aren't doing particulary well! IMO he should be dropped, even if it is for a few matches! In that way, he'll realise that the management are the real boss and not him!
Trescothick is suffering from stress at the moment this could be worse than many physical injury. In my opinion I bielieve that the England side do need Trescothick at the moment to open with Strauss and Alistar Cook at three Cook would do a lot better at number three. Trescothick is a great opener to be honest I don't know why he's suffering from stress it's obviously something to do with his personal life.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If people knew why they were suffering from stress there's a decent chance they'd not have got into said state ITFP.

It's fast looking like Trescothick's gonna be replacing Strauss some point this summer. :(

cover drive man

International Captain
Strauss's form is a crying shame.
I agree Strauss has a lot more potential than the way he's playing I would still like to see Strauss and Trescothick as openers but with the way Strauss is playing it could be Trescothick and Cook as openers for the rest of the summers cricket.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I agree Strauss has a lot more potential than the way he's playing I would still like to see Strauss and Trescothick as openers but with the way Strauss is playing it could be Trescothick and Cook as openers for the rest of the summers cricket.
yh..ur right...and dont see y they shouldnt open together. Cook is in form and strauss is not. Simple as.