• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greg scolds Players due to lack of Work Ethic!

Dravid

International Captain
For a change I agree with Greg. I've seen a few clips of Indian practices on TV and they don't seem to take it as serious as you should at International level.

Slow Love™

International Captain
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if all teams get a bollocking like this from their coach occasionally.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Slow Love™ said:
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if all teams get a bollocking like this from their coach occasionally.
The problem here was Chappell made the remarks to the teams and enacted antics in front of the media and many of the comments were clearly audible to the media. Some people complained against the media for reporting it but they were not spying or any thing and if they get a news worthy report, they can't be blamed for reporting it. I thought it was very unprofessional of Chappell.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pratyush said:
The problem here was Chappell made the remarks to the teams in front of the media and many of the comments were clearly audible to the media. Some people complained against the media for reporting it but they were not spying or any thing and if they get a news worthy report, they can't be blamed for reporting it. I thought it was very unprofessional of Chappell.
I don't know. Maybe they need to be shamed from time to time. I'm suprised cell phones and headphones are even allowed in practice. What a bunch of prima-donnas!

You have a job to do, be a professional and come to work. There are a billion people in India who would gladly switch places with you, show some respect and don't slack off. Attitudes like these are a large reason why Indian is never a world-class side. Could you imagine Waugh putting up with crap like cell phones during meetings or practice?

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
I don't know. Maybe they need to be shamed from time to time. I'm suprised cell phones and headphones are even allowed in practice. What a bunch of prima-donnas!

You have a job to do, be a professional and come to work. There are a billion people in India who would gladly switch places with you, show some respect and don't slack off. Attitudes like these are a large reason why Indian is never a world-class side. Could you imagine Waugh putting up with crap like cell phones during meetings or practice?
Bring back John Wright imo

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
Bring back John Wright imo
I don't care who the coach is - Chappell, Wright, or some random guy off the street. Its the attitudes of the players that need to change.

There is no reason why you should have a fat ass in international cricket, unless you're Warne and can pull it off.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
silentstriker said:
I don't know. Maybe they need to be shamed from time to time.
Don't see any logic why professional adult men have to be shamed. Giving a piece of your mind in the dressing room is okay and it is not shocking. However, shaming in front if the media is silly. If you feel you have to shame a player to get the best out of him, it is better to just drop the player if you are a selector because such attitude from a player is the last thing you need in a team regardless of talent.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I have enough of his sorry whinnings. I am just wondering when is he actually going to start coaching.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
I have enough of his sorry whinnings. I am just wondering when is he actually going to start coaching.

Yuvraj said Gegg really helped him with his technique and was one of the reasons behind his success of last year.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid said:
When players who should be in the team are in the team
No that wasn't a question, I mean't, Greg will start coaching when the lazy *** Indian team will start playing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Yawn, same old crap spurted. I'm not even a Chappell backer but Jesus.

Did he come out to the media and go "Yeah I just yelled at the boys today, they were mucking around etc."

No, he did what every coach does, he told off his players after they showed a poor training attitude. He's not whining about anything, he's just disciplining his players.

Why is this even in the media ffs? Just rubbish reporting, and rubbish reactions by the typical people.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
No that wasn't a question, I mean't, Greg will start coaching when the lazy *** Indian team will start playing.
Then that wasn't an answer, it was a comment.

Dravid

International Captain
Jono said:
Yawn, same old crap spurted. I'm not even a Chappell backer but Jesus.

Did he come out to the media and go "Yeah I just yelled at the boys today, they were mucking around etc."

No, he did what every coach does, he told off his players after they showed a poor training attitude. He's not whining about anything, he's just disciplining his players.

Why is this even in the media ffs? Just rubbish reporting, and rubbish reactions by the typical people.
Indian media loves to have propaganda.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
YDid he come out to the media and go "Yeah I just yelled at the boys today, they were mucking around etc."

He did it in front of full glare of the media.