• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you like about Cricket?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kweek said:
seems like a dull ran manifest...

bowling I love doing, and I love seeing a good bowler !
there goes so much into cricket, just love it !
Planting my front foot down the track and hoiking vastly overrated Dutch slow bowlers through cow.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Planting my front foot down the track and hoiking vastly overrated Dutch slow bowlers through cow.
with a windball, well done Neil...
must've done your confidence heaps good....didn't you score a load of runs after that?

I think you should thank me.

luffy

International Captain
Good to watch as you can sit down on the couch all day and just watch.

Good exercise as well playing it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got into cricket because when I started watching it other teams were competitive against Australia, and there is nothing better than a cricket match being played between two evenly matched sides where both sides have a chance of winning for as long as possible in the match.

I will admit that my interest in cricket has dimished since Australia started thrashing teams left right and centre, and my main interest these days is in seeing teams stick it to Australia, and I don't mind Australia losing if it means the series will be even and competitive. However, I always want Australia to win the series when it comes down to it.

tooextracool

International Coach
I think the fact that you could actually hit any batsman on the head with a bouncer legally, is something that makes the game a lot more interesting, and certainly different from all other sports.
This along with the fact that you dont have to be tall, bowl fast or hit the ball a long way to be a successful international player makes it interesting IMO.

open365

International Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
I think the fact that you could actually hit any batsman on the head with a bouncer legally, is something that makes the game a lot more interesting, and certainly different from all other sports.
That's one of the most random reasons i've ever heard.