• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overated Kevin Pieterson

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No. Once he learns not to give his wicket away he'll be the next greatest Test and ODI batsman, he has that much potential, skill and ability.

sideshowtim

Banned
It's PietersEn. No one can seem to spell it right.

And yeah I think he's a tad overrated, he's a good batsman but he gives his wicket away too easily and has been dropped so many times in his career that once his luck runs out he won't be having such a nice time of it.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I tyhink he's really overrated! He hasn't done anything special over the past few years and seems to give away his wicket at crucial times. He did well in the ashes but in the One day arena, he needs to improve dramatically!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nishant said:
I tyhink he's really overrated! He hasn't done anything special over the past few years and seems to give away his wicket at crucial times. He did well in the ashes but:laugh:
Yeah, that average of 60-odd is really shocking. Gotta improve on that. :rolleyes:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Yeah, that average of 60-odd is really shocking. Gotta improve on that. :rolleyes:
It's closer to 50 than 60, and he's averaged under 40 this year in ODIs.
I think Pietersen is a bit overrated in that some people talk about him as a great batsman already, when he still has a long way to go.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
which England batsman has been succesfull in ODI lately...Strauss maybe!
Pietersen is not that big a legend, but if he learns one or two things...he has the potential to be awesome!
and as KP has proven before, he is a fast learner.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He can play some pretty awesome shots, and can destroy great bowlers, such as McGrath, Muralitharan and Warne. I don't think he's overated, he just needs to get some more big scores.

Dravid

International Captain
Pieterson at the moment is overrated. He's a good batsman no doubt, but hes a little immature and and needs to work on that. He needs to learn what shot to play and at what time. He gives away his wickets a lot which makes him a little immature in Cricket terms. If he works on that, then overtime he will become one of the greatest ODI and Test batsman to have ever set foot on a Cricket pitch because he has he has immense talent.

open365

Perm said:
No. Once he learns not to give his wicket away he'll be the next greatest Test and ODI batsman, he has that much potential, skill and ability.
:laugh: :laugh:

How can anyone think Pietersen will be the greatest batsman?

He's good, but no where near that level.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
next greatest...

like Waugh and Tendulkar have been the greatest
Kp could be one like them(Lara,Tendulkar etc.)
thats what he means I think..

open365

Kweek said:
next greatest...

like Waugh and Tendulkar have been the greatest
Kp could be one like them(Lara,Tendulkar etc.)
thats what he means I think..
Still don't think so, i could see him being in the Younis Khan bracket, but not much higher.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What bracket is that? The second highest level?

Top bracket: Sachin, Lara, Ponting, Inzy, Kallis etc?

Second bracket: Sanga, Sehwag, Younis, Yousuf, Pietersen? This level?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jono said:

You have to average 50 to be in the 2nd bracket IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Younis is close enough with his 49.16, and Sanga is damn close with 48.93 as well.

Regarding Pietersen, I believe its been said that Pietersen will eventually get there, not that he's there now, so obviously that prediction would be that Pietersen is going to average very close to 50 for most of his career?

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I think hes a tad over-rated. He plays his attacking shots when he should play defensively, which gives his wicket away too easily. Otherwise I could see him being one of the best Test and ODI batsmen ever. :-O Which will be really shocking.

open365

Jono said:

Yeh, he takes too many risks to be right up there.