• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most entertaining opener....!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah but it would not hert him to be more positive hes got the lowest test strike rate off all top order batsman world wide its somting like 36!

Any way im not disputing the fact he does his job im just saying I dont like watching him bat personaly.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Eclipse
Any way im not disputing the fact he does his job im just saying I dont like watching him bat personaly.
All of the SA batsman that I have seen till today are very boring to watch with a few exceptions....

Herschelle Gibbs is a little different and Peter Kirsten wasn't bad either.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Presuming you mean Gary? To be honest can't see him going on much longer, they've already groomed his replcement at the top of the order...

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Presuming you mean Gary? To be honest can't see him going on much longer, they've already groomed his replcement at the top of the order...
No I meant Peter.... elder brother of Gary who was a magnificent batsman and played for SA for a couple of years when they came back into test cricket.His better years were all gone waste in the years that SA were banned from test cricket.He was a far better batsman then Gary in my opinion.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Gibbs is the only SA batsmen without many fusses, all the other batsmen are fidgety, dont they look so different from batsmen around the world ?

Anyway, the most destrudtive batsman has to be Afridi or Gilchrist, Sehwag is attacking but not really destructive.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No I meant Peter.... elder brother of Gary who was a magnificent batsman and played for SA for a couple of years when they came back into test cricket.His better years were all gone waste in the years that SA were banned from test cricket.He was a far better batsman then Gary in my opinion.
Apologies, I read wasn't as isn't - I did know there were 2 Kirstens for the Proteas!