• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most entertaining opener....!!

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by SRTgrSDB

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar!!! Look no further, he's the one who entertains the crowd most!!!!!
He said opener.

For ur kind Info Sachin have played as an opener in onedayer more than both Gilli and Afridi!! Yeah right now he isn't opening and so isn't Afridi!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For ur kind Info Sachin have played as an opener in onedayer more than both Gilli and Afridi!! Yeah right now he isn't opening and so isn't Afridi!
Only because he's played a lot more ODI's than the other 2. He hasn't opened now in 14 games over 9 months - suggests to me that he's no longer opening for India in ODIous cricket.

On the case of Afridi he appears to be shunted around the order at will at the moment, but I suggest that is more to do with the ever-changing Pakistan line-up.

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
sachin has expressed his desire to opne the innings and there are indications that he will be opening the innings sooner or later.

Just coz he hasn't opened in the last 14 onedayers or so doesn't mean that Sachin cannot be considered.As for Afridi, whatever the reasons, the bottom line is that he isn't opening at the moment!

masterblaster

International Captain
the bottom line is he isnt playing at the moment!

And Sachin has opened for 95% of his career, and about 98% of his centuries out of 33 or 32 have come from opening!
At a strike rate of 90

Says something doesnt it

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Gilchrist and Shewag for the one dayers. Afridi is probably good when he gets going but doesn't do it enough.

I always liked the way Slater batted in tests, also very entertaining. I could never understand why he wasn't given more of a go in the one day matches.

AravindaTheMan

Cricket Spectator
Afridi and Jaysuria!

Afridi is never boring, isn't a very good batter but is pure entertainment, with him on the wicket you never know what will happen next!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by masterblaster
the bottom line is he isnt playing at the moment!

And Sachin has opened for 95% of his career, and about 98% of his centuries out of 33 or 32 have come from opening!
At a strike rate of 90

Says something doesnt it
He's actually opened on about 67% of his innings in ODIous Cricket, and 30 of his 33 centuries have come from opening, suggesting he's obviously had more time to bat, and also when he comes in down the order, the other openers have done a good job, and he's not had time?

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i think tendulkar has struggled to score runs down the order hes much better as an opening batsman as marc said that other openers have also done a good job so theres nothing much he can do about it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spare a thought for the West Indian Chris Gayle. Against Pakistan in Sharjah earlier this year he was lethal and on most days is stand and deliver. He has gotten WI off to some flying starts.

:pig:This is a pig hehe

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He is very talented and could be a really good batsman if he didn't make so many annoying errors...and I will allways wonder how his bowling takes so many wickets yet I'm the one getting hit around all the time...:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but if he was bowling in a village game they would show about as much respect to his bowling as they do to mine...and I really ain't that bad...maybe a little slow...must speed up...SLA bowlers arn't supposed to be really really slow...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Chris Gayle is a good bowler! He is so effective because he bowls quick, flat and full in the last 10 of ODI's

Batsmen try to slog him but its near impossible. Also he has the ability to change pace and has a great spinners yorker.

I wouldnt mind him in my ODI team. By the way, who's no. 1? Kallis? Klusener?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Chris Gayle is a good bowler! He is so effective because he bowls quick, flat and full in the last 10 of ODI's

Batsmen try to slog him but its near impossible. Also he has the ability to change pace and has a great spinners yorker.

I wouldnt mind him in my ODI team. By the way, who's no. 1? Kallis? Klusener?
Kallis is.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That's really awesome! Kallis is one of my favourite players. He is without a doubt, today's premier all-rounder. He a brilliant bat and a quick seamer who swings the ball.

He's also a handy catcher. He adds alot to a team.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Only thing I hate about kallis is his slow batting. hes got a horrible strike rate for a top order batsman.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Eclipse
Only thing I hate about kallis is his slow batting. hes got a horrible strike rate for a top order batsman.
He comes in at no:3 for his team. His job is consolidation not unlike Dravid in the Indian team. He is capable of giving the ball a good tonk when the situation warrants, but top order batsmen are not only about frenetic strike rates, their responsibility to the team is much more.