• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England oneday matches?

open365

International Vice-Captain
PhoenixFire said:
Hick should be classed as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He is 7th (I think) on the list of all time FC run scorers. As should Rampkrakash, will no doubt make it to 100 FC 100s. He may be the last person ever to achieve that.
Nah, you can't be one of the greatest bastmen of all time because you can plunder county attacks, test level is where it counts.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
open365 said:
Nah, you can't be one of the greatest bastmen of all time because you can plunder county attacks, test level is where it counts.
No. Wilfred Rhodes should be considered one of the greatest bowlers of all time, yet he didn't set the test world alight when he played. You can be great without being a great test player.

tooextracool

International Coach
PhoenixFire said:
Hick should be classed as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He is 7th (I think) on the list of all time FC run scorers. As should Rampkrakash, will no doubt make it to 100 FC 100s. He may be the last person ever to achieve that.
You cant class a player as being amongst the best of all time simply because they scored runs in domestic cricket. If i played club cricket for 50 years and scored more runs than anybody else in the history of club cricket, it wouldnt make me the best player of all time would it?