• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Redbourne CC

JikJak

Cricket Spectator
My Team is Redbourne CC, i thought i might post my season as it goes along :happy:

At the moment we are playing indoor cricket asit is the time to, we are in an indoor league and have played four games so far, winning three and losing one. We are currently 3rd in the league and hopeful to move into the first spot, but we are playing the leaders in two weeks and they havent lost yet, they are out of our reach at the moment but if we win this week and they were to lose and then we beat them we would go first, skipping past the team in 2nd who are on equal points with us and the team we are playing htis week.

Match One: Harpenden CC def. Redbourn CC
It was our first game and we were just getting to grips with the rules, it was very confusing for everyone and everyone was running each other out.

Our top scorer was our opener who got 23 then was run out
I managed to get 9 before also being run out

We managed a less than satisfactory 98 off the 12 overs which is very poor in indoor

In the field i ran out one guy who got out on 19, then bowled one lad out on 3
We managed to hold them till the first ball of the last over with tight bowling but they got the runs in the end and won

Match Two: Redbourn CC def. Radlett CC

A much better game on our behalf, we won very comfortably and took our first points, which took us to 5th in the league out of 10.

I was the top scorer this time getting 62 opening whilst my partner got 54*, we managed a very handy total of 149/1 after the 12 overs
Then we took to the field, once again i ran out one guy whilst our fast bowler took 3 wickets off 3 overs with a very good economy rate. We got them all out (6 wickets) for 76 off 8 overs and sealed our first victory

Match Three: Redbourne CC def. Shenly Green CC

A very tight game this time which came down to the last three balls, we managed to just snatch the victory and take ourselves to 4th in the league.

Our top scorer got a superb 63 as my partner as i went along at my own pace and got to 41*, then our third batsmen came in and hit a quick 28 before being caught, hitting off the wall, then our next batsmen came in and went out next ball

We finished on 141/3 then went to field, this time i took one wicket with my bowling and our fast bowler once again did well, this time taking just one wicket.
It came down to the last three balls with our second best bowler bowling, he managed to throw up a yorker which the batsmen smacked straight down the wicket to the bowler, they both immediately ran and the ball parried off the bowlers hand and onto the stumped making him out.
We had won!!

They finished on 138 all out so a very close game

Match Four: Redbourne CC def. Langley Green CC

Another big win for us which took us up to third where we are currently, i got 24 coming in at third whilst our opener got out on 9, our other opener/ wicketkeeper got 59 whilst number four got 15.

Finished on 128/4 off the 12 overs, then got them to 88/0 off 12 overs, we didnt take any wickets but kept the runs down and sealed another victory!

Will be playing during this week against London Colney who are in second, hopeful to take another win and go into 2nd!

More to come!