• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Upcomming Speedster??

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil's right...in my opinion a speedster is a bowler who can go close to clocking around 148 k's. Zaheer struggles to go past the low 140's.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Geoff Allott was still around for NZ, he'd probably be one the, if not the best left-armer going around as on occassions he was in the high 140's.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Infact Allott's ODI stats were very impressive

Matches: 31
Wickets: 52
Avg: 23.21
S.R: 29
Econ: 4.73

He would have been a handy bowler for NZ to have if we was still around.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn, if only we had Bond, Cairns, Nash, Allott & Vettori all-together at one time fit 100%. We'd be doing alright.

Originally posted by marc71178
And which Aussie youngster do you think can qualify ?? Bracken/Bichel have hardly played at test level, Watson plays in onedayers only.
Lack of appearances hasn't stopped you putting in Harmison and Jones.

Bracken isn't even in a 16 man Aussie Squad, jones and Harmison are.Also, Bichel isn't a real pacy bowler, i included Jones and Harmison names because they are regarded very HIGHLY by the English think tank and atleast Jones is gonna be a part of English team for some time!

[Edited on 27/10/2002 by TendulkarMark2]

Eclipse

International Debutant
Or tho Brakken is not mentioned he is by far a better bowler than Zaheer Khan.

I would think he will be back in the Aussie side soon now that he is past his injurey.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Also Bichel is fast what are you talking about he avrages 135-138kph thats not slow at all.

Originally posted by Eclipse
Or tho Brakken is not mentioned he is by far a better bowler than Zaheer Khan.

I would think he will be back in the Aussie side soon now that he is past his injurey.
He may be better BUT untill he is isn't selected for the Test squad , he cannot be considered.I don't think he will be back soon, thats coz with Mcgrath,Jason and warne, there is only one place for a pacer and that is occupied by good for nothing Lee.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Tim
Damn, if only we had Bond, Cairns, Nash, Allott & Vettori all-together at one time fit 100%. We'd be doing alright.
I do hope you're not using injuries as an excuse here!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Forgotten Allan Mullally? No, we've just blatently ignored him because he isn't really quick or young...and he only manages to take wickets in County Championship games, he sucked last time he played in a test match and he used to be in the ODI squad to keep the runs down at 1st change...a job he did with Mark Ealham but were both dumped after the Aussies smacked them around.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Allott was a fine ODI bowler but if you look at his test stats they will tell you a different story. I would compare him with Allan Mullally, good in ODIs but sucks badly in Tests.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Errrrm I don't rate Harmison amazingly highly...its less belif more hope. Hes got the talent, he just needs to use it. Jones is the more likely to succeed as he has a great attitude which was evident even in his batting when he went out and clubbed 45 when he only has a FC average of 10 or sommit. He's got the spirit and attitude to make it, Harmison...its more in his mind.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mullally is not off the pace to be effective in tests but can be very effective in limited over cricket when economy is more important than wicket taking generally

:frog:this is a frog hehe

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Bond is my favourite Non Aussie Cricketer...

He was the kiwis star in Australia last summer and even though he destroyed the Aussies it was a pleasure to watch...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well yeah thats true, but give him a break. It was his first test series & he was flown into the 2nd test after a number of players were already sent home due to injury.

Some you could say Bond was under alot of pressure to perform in that series, and he did reasonably well, his wickets in the Perth test were fantastic, his over to Steve Waugh which eventually got him was superb bowling.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He's very highly regarded over here after his 3 games for the Bears - the quickest we'v had since Donald in his prime, and if he stays fit (and isn't called away by NZ) all season, he'll get a load of wickets IMO.