• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni vs Akmal

Nishant

International 12th Man
i definitely like dhoni a lot better, but IMO, Akmal might have a brighter future. With that said, neither player is performing to their fullest potential. I think i will answer this question a more fully after the champions trophy.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:
I don't know why people keep stating Dhoni as a mediocre keeper, I mean the guy has improved tremendously over the years. He barely ever drops something and some of his stumpings are completely unbelievable. IMO Dhoni still has a long way to go, but he certainly does have the potential too to become a great wicket-keeper.

You read my mind, Turbinator!

magsi23

U19 Debutant
silentstriker said:
Dhoni has improved his keeping considerably. My problem with him lies in his test batting, but I don't think his keeping is bad at all. Or at least, it wasn't in West Indies.

I have the entire Test series recorded on TiVo, and I went back and watched every single West Indies innings just to see his keeping, and I was fairly impressed with it.

You have way too much time man, lol

FRAZ

International Captain
Dhoni has a great hand-eye coordination and he is a fearless hitter but he needs to put a little bit more in his test stats in order to be in the class of Kumar Sangakara or Andy Flower .
Akmal is a better keeper and he has a good technique .If Akmal is athletic then Dhoni is strong . IMHO Dhoni will have to take some serious measures in order to improve his keeping .
I predicted about Dhoni becoming a great keeper/batsman. But I don't know why, just like Pakistani new batsmen, Indian Medium pacers and Keepers lose it after a little while .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FRAZ said:
Dhoni has a great hand-eye coordination and he is a fearless hitter
I would use some other words in place of 'fearless'. Words like 'stupid', 'reckless', 'idiotic', 'immature', etc would make that sentence much more accurate.

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
I would use some other words in place of 'fearless'. Words like 'stupid', 'reckless', 'idiotic', 'immature', etc would make that sentence much more accurate.
You mean Jayasuriya was a @#$% in the mid 90's.
Gotta work for the team thats all I will say . Yes Dhoni plays stupid and that is not his mistake . Pakistani youngsters usually come from the cement pitch school of cricket and Indian batsmen come from the good but plain 'flat' pitches.
There should be a variety in the environments and the pitches .
I guess its been quite a long while since I have seen any Indian batsman with a strong forearm . Dhoni is a fine player but he gotta learn 'adjustment'.And his strokes are "What he can do " . So let the time be the judge . And I guess one good English summer might prove itself to be a life-changing experience for his batting .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
He was talking about Dhoni not you! :p

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Nah, otherwise he would have used 'genius', 'impressive', 'God-like'.
These are middlenames in my Srilankan passport .
Your welcome!!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turbinator said:
I don't know why people keep stating Dhoni as a mediocre keeper, I mean the guy has improved tremendously over the years...
And he's still mediocre. You've got to face the fact.

Adam Gilchrist is an above average wicketkeeper.
Courtney Browne was below average.
Dhoni is very very average.

open365

International Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
You mean Jayasuriya was a @#$% in the mid 90's.
Gotta work for the team thats all I will say . Yes Dhoni plays stupid and that is not his mistake .

WTF? If i've deciphered your attempt at English correctly, your saying that it's not Dhoni's fault when he plays stupid shots, how can it not be his fault??????

FRAZ

International Captain
first of all Can we keep the "F" word out of this decent conversation and behave decently, Please !!!!!! For goodness @#$#in 'sake !
If i've deciphered your attempt at English correctly, your saying that it's not Dhoni's fault when he plays stupid shots
Ha , English , Enough said !
how can it not be his fault??????
Let me tell you that whenever Bradman got out ,OFF the &*%$in course he would have played STUPID shots .And almost every ball on which a good or a STUPID batsman gets out is called a STUPID shot. And I was pointing out that the reasons why he plays stupid shots more often is because he is not trained enough for the certain pitches IMHO . We need $%&*in better understanding of the pitches by the sub-continent sloggers . And I also &*#$in' said that time will be the judge and ets see how Dhoni improves himself in the future !!!
JEEEEssus!

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my gosh, so many of you here on CW need to chill you guys get worked up so easily. Guys relax, chill, and enjoy...be happy and have happy thoughts. If you want to argue, go ahead argue, but argue constructively. Do not stoop down to a level where you are nothing more than insulting the other person.