Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chappell out to produce another World Class all-rounder? Target: Suresh Raina!

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar

Chappell out to produce another World Class all-rounder? Target: Suresh Raina!

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Champi...ow/2201278.cms

Does Chappell want to make another world class all-rounder like Pathan? I mean Raina hasn't even become an established/proven batsmen yet, and already Chappell is dreaming of Raina's career as an all-rounder.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    is pathan a "world class all rounder yet"??
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    No.

I don't think that Chappell is trying to make him Raina an all-rounder. He is only encouraging a young man to work on another aspect of his game, because if conditions suit he might get 3 or 4 overs during an ODI. Nothing to major, its similar to what England are doing with Pietersen, encouraging him to develop other areas.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    No.

I don't think that Chappell is trying to make him Raina an all-rounder. He is only encouraging a young man to work on another aspect of his game, because if conditions suit he might get 3 or 4 overs during an ODI. Nothing to major, its similar to what England are doing with Pietersen, encouraging him to develop other areas.
    Exactlly. I've been advocating Raina as a part-time offie for a while now, but by no means is he all-round caliber. Turbinator, get a life.

Yea firsty, I was being sarcastic about Pathan being a world class all-rounder.

Secondly, Pieterson is already an established batsman, I mean Raina has a long way to go compared to Pieterson. Pieterson can now afford to go focus on some other department. But Raina I think should just focus on batting right now.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 18-10-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    Have you been smoking the same stuff Shoaib and Asif have been ? Haven't you seen Pathan threatening the world records of greatest allrounders like Gary Sobers, Ian Botham, Imran Khan. It would be close to blasphemy if you even spoke of Kapil and Irfan in the same breath.

No.

Of course, Raina's main skill(batting) has already been mastered, so obviously Chappell needs to focus on his bowling skills.

As for comparison with KP, KP averaged 63 after 31 matches, Raina averages 29.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    You know I wasn't comparing their batting, but I was comparing the situation. Pietersen has been told to work on his bowling and he is, I beleive Suresh Raina is doing exactly the same thing. The Indian media are hyping this up way too much, as if he's going to be a world class allrounder.

You know I wasn't comparing their batting, but I was comparing the situation. Pietersen has been told to work on his bowling and he is, I beleive Suresh Raina is doing exactly the same thing. The Indian media are hyping this up way too much, as if he's going to be a world class allrounder.
    This time, it's not the Indian media. Turbinator got excited about trivial news and Sanz did his thing.
    Last edited by adharcric; 18-10-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Of course, Raina's main skill(batting) has already been mastered, so obviously Chappell needs to focus on his bowling skills.

As for comparison with KP, KP averaged 63 after 31 matches, Raina averages 29.
    Thank you, exactly my point.

And in response to adharcric, I am not getting excited, all I am saying is why should Raina even focus on something else when he hasn't even mastered his first thing yet. As far as my statements about him being a world class allrounder go, I was obviously being sarcastic.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Is Pathan a India-class bowler yet? Forget world class, and dispell any notion of world class all rounder.

This is the worst thing about some people - calm the hell down.

Let him establish himself. Give him room. Let him try a few things and fail a few times. Half the times these kids fails is because before they've scored their first run, they are annointed the next Tendulkar. These people read the papers, they know whats being said.

Set reasonable explanations please. Wasim Akram? Tendulkar? I feel sorry for people like Pathan, I really really do.

I mean just because I don't rate him very highly, doesn't mean I don't hope he finds a way to succeed. A part of me feels that a reason he's so lost right now is because he was annointed the next Wasim before he was even halfway to figuring out his bowling.

No wonder they crack under that type of scruitiny. They have as single bad day, and it just piles up to ridiculous porportions because they fail to live up to this mythical hype created by idiot fans. Let Pathan (and Raina) be. Let them learn their trade. How many years did it take Freddie before he figured it out?

World class all rounder...just the titles of threads like this make me want to punch people in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Have you been smoking the same stuff Shoaib and Asif have been ? Haven't you seen Pathan threatening the world records of greatest allrounders like Gary Sobers, Ian Botham, Imran Khan. It would be close to blasphemy if you even spoke of Kapil and Irfan in the same breath.

or perhaps you need some medication too, Comparing very ordinary Pathan to Great, Sobers, Khan and Botham? he needs to improve alot his bowling skills, his place in indian team is not even guarnteed due to being battered in Pak, WI and Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by magsi23
    or perhaps you need some medication too, Comparing very ordinary Pathan to Great, Sobers, Khan and Botham? he needs to improve alot his bowling skills, his place in indian team is not even guarnteed due to being battered in Pak, WI and Malaysia.
    What are you talking man, he is the best allrounder ever to land on earth. Sobers and all are not good enough to wipe his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Is Pathan a India-class bowler yet? Forget world class, and dispell any notion of world class all rounder.

This is the worst thing about some people - calm the hell down.

Let him establish himself. Give him room. Let him try a few things and fail a few times. Half the times these kids fails is because before they've scored their first run, they are annointed the next Tendulkar. These people read the papers, they know whats being said.

Set reasonable explanations please. Wasim Akram? Tendulkar? I feel sorry for people like Pathan, I really really do.

I mean just because I don't rate him very highly, doesn't mean I don't hope he finds a way to succeed. A part of me feels that a reason he's so lost right now is because he was annointed the next Wasim before he was even halfway to figuring out his bowling.

No wonder they crack under that type of scruitiny. They have as single bad day, and it just piles up to ridiculous porportions because they fail to live up to this mythical hype created by idiot fans. Let Pathan (and Raina) be. Let them learn their trade. How many years did it take Freddie before he figured it out?

World class all rounder...just the titles of threads like this make me want to punch people in the face.
    OMG people relax, for the last time, I was being SARCASTIC! In fact, I was criticizing Chappell and what he has done to Pathan. Sheesh, some of you guys are mad slow in understanding things.

And yes exactly what I am trying to say, LET THEM LEARN THEIR TRADE! Stop having them focus on other things.

Now adharcric and SS please tell me, after all this explaining, you guys have understood my point!!!
    Last edited by Turbinator; 19-10-2006 at 02:39 PM.

i say the only south africa and pakistan are the two best times with quality of alrounder right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information