Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: India v Pakistan or England v Australia.

India v Pakistan or England v Australia.

Which rivalry do you like to watch more? For me I like England and Australia in tests, and India and Pakistan in ODI's.

The atmosphere for India v Pakistan is ODI is amazing, especially when it's taking place in Eden Garden. A sold out crowd of 100,000+ coming to watch the game, what could be better than that? England and Australia ODI games are good to watch too, but I don't think have as much energy as India v Pakistan in ODIs.

In Tests it's England v Australia hands down. I still remember watching last years ashes, which was the only Ashes series I saw live on TV. The atmosphere at the ground was crazy, and the best for a test match. The amount of people going to watch those games was amazing, and it's more fun to watch them play a test match because they go all out at each other. I remember when England won by 2 runs, I think it was last year and how the whole crowd just started screaming at the top of their lungs. Thats the true spirit of a test match growd. The Ashes series will prove anyone wrong who says that test matches are boring.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Have to agree with you on that one. I think it's mainly because there is a long tradition between Australia & England in tests, and given there are so many ODIs played on the subcontinent it isn't surprising there is a strong rivalry between Pakistan and India in ODIs.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    In test's there is no contest, Australia vs England is the ultimate experience. Even if it is quite one sided liked it was during the 1990's it was all about the history. In ODI's its easily Pakistan vs India becuase these two teams play alot more against each other in the short form of the game than England and Australia do.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    i largely think it's because of the emphasis placed on the games in their respective countries. TBH compared to test matches, Australia couldn't give a flying f* about how they perform in OD'ers. Often the OD game is seen as the breeding ground for young talent and we can experiment.

In India and Pakistan I get the impression that OD is equally as important as test.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Well I'm not sure how Indians feel about beating the Pakistanis and vice versa, but let me tell you now, there is no better feeling than giving the Poms a flogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    i largely think it's because of the emphasis placed on the games in their respective countries. TBH compared to test matches, Australia couldn't give a flying f* about how they perform in OD'ers. Often the OD game is seen as the breeding ground for young talent and we can experiment.

In India and Pakistan I get the impression that OD is equally as important as test.
    That probably has something to do with the fact that in India and Pakistan, you'll find a lot more "casual" cricket fans. Even in India and Pakistan, the hardcore fans who really understand the sport (like the long-time members from the respective nations you find on CW) value test matches more than one-day matches. To the average lad on the street, one-day cricket is more appealling I'd think, and that's why it's huge in India and Pakistan.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    really? I find that hard to believe. There are very few die-hard cricket purists in australia. The majority of people find it a bit've a hobby. Whereas in India you always hear about the kids playing it on street corners. The ratio of beach cricket matches to street corners I thought equalled about 1:20

Well I wasn't saying that there are more die-hard purists in Australia, I was saying that the ratio of street fans to fans with a real understanding is much higher in India and Pakistan. Perhaps I'm having a hard time getting my point across. Or perhaps I don't even know what I'm talking about.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    It depends. The last Ashes was excellent viewing, but before that it was pretty boring for a while with Australia dominating easily. India vs Pakistan tends to be a pretty tight contest most of the time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Last Years Ashes series was IMO the best & most fiercely competed series between any two nations in the last 15 years. Personaly, i prefer Aust. vs. Eng clashes in both forms of the game as there is only 1 thing better than seeing Aust. thrash the living daylights out of England , and that is a match as closely/fiercely contested as they were between July & September 2005.

Below is a post i made when asked elsewhere of my thoughts on India v. Pakistan Clashes.

IMO Pakistan v. India Clashes come second only to the Ashes. There is no greater spectacle in any sport, than a fierce rivalry, and what better rivalry than one between neighbouring countries, both mad keen on cricket!

It was a pity to see such a long period with no Pak/Ind clashes due to the violence, disruptions caused due to fanatical fans, but it seems this time apart has brought the two countries together, and the split was for the greater good, as while the fans are still fanatical, they have a greater appreciation of what the game is really about.

Seeing Shoaib steaming in towards Rahul "The Wall" Dravid is a sight to behold, perhaps the most dangerous bowler when on song, against the worlds greatest defence, and arguably most graceful batsmen! Or Kumble, with his subtle variations, and steepling bounce, trying to outfox big inzy, there are few grudge matches in any sport around the world, that come close to matching this one!!

The next series poses to be a thriller, India has the prospect of having the little master back, and hopefully, shoaib will be fit for once. Add to this the fact that both teams are coming along in leaps and bounds, and are unveiling quite a few fantastic youngsters over the last 2/3 years (Their two wicketkeepers especially) will make the battle all the better.

So, there we have it, fanatical fans(thankfully a little less fanatical than 10-15 years ago) matchwinning players (Shoaib, Inzy, Yousuf, Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble) and rising talents (Akmal, Asif, Dhoni, Sreenath) what more could you want ???

India V Pakistan - A sight to behold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Ind v Aus 2001 was better than Ashes 2005 IMO, but it's a close one.

England v Australia for me. But only since it got competitive!

If and when Eng start getting pasted again I will be more than happy to watch India v Pak instead.

To be honest any of the four teams playing the other is a great series (especially outside the subcontinent where the pitches can make cricket an absolute bore)

India-Pakistan is a real rivalry of the last 50-55 years.

i'll go against ind v pak in ODIs but am not too sure about the tests. As an indian fan, i would always rather watch india rather than any other team, but after last years ashes, in a neutral point of view, aus v eng is a better viewing in tests. However, we'' have to see in this years ashes. If the aussies are dominating again, it will be back to the same old, 'australia-winning-the-ashes-easily' times.

Until about 2001 I reckon Aus vs. SA trounced any other rivalry. Used to look forward to those matches/series, whether ODI or test, a hell of a lot.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information