• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abdul Razzaq

Will Razzaq become the all time ODI leading wicket taker?

• Yes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I believe that Razzaq is going to become the all time ODI wicket taker. He is only 26 and has a good ratio of Games/Wickets, do you agree?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to believe his still only twenty six, his seemingly been around Donkey’s years. Though I don’t think he will match Wasim and get five hundred wickets but he definitely end his career as one of the best ODI all-rounders.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No, no, no, no.

Wasim Akram has 502 wickets. Razzaq has 236 in 217 games. To get to 503 at that rate, he'll need to play 463 ODIs. That's another 246, which will take at least ten years, not mentioning injuries and the fact that his last 100 wickets have taken 119 games...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
No, no, no, no.

Wasim Akram has 502 wickets. Razzaq has 236 in 217 games. To get to 503 at that rate, he'll need to play 463 ODIs. That's another 246, which will take at least ten years, not mentioning injuries and the fact that his last 100 wickets have taken 119 games...
1.0875576036866359447004608294931 is the number of wickets Razzaq averages a match

1.410112359550561797752808988764 is the number of wickets Akram averages a match

With the growing number of ODIs played nower days, Razzag has about 8 bowling years left in him. Say they play 35 - 40 Odis a year for 8 years thats 302 wickets, add that to his current tally and thats more than Wasim

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In 2004 Pakistan played 27 ODIs. In 2005 they played 22. In 2006 so far they've played 17.

The notion is ridiculous.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Since it was such an apparently foolish question, who will become the leading ODI wicket taker after Wasim?

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
PhoenixFire said:
Since it was such an apparently foolish question, who will become the leading ODI wicket taker after Wasim?
Irfan Pathan obviously :ph34r:
111 wickets already, aged 22.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Why don't you think so. Warne has proved that age doesn't matter, and Razzaq isn't going to get much slower in the next few years.

sideshowtim

Banned
Razzaq is a good player, however he is not a great or a champion player and average players don't break records like that.

haroon510

International 12th Man
he ia good alrounder infect a great one. several time he has win matches for pakistani team with both bowling and batting. he is going to end up one of greatest one day allrounders. i don't think he is going to get over 500 wickets and the reason is his bawling is going down hill. in his fist years he was such a wonderful baller now i think he puts more attention in his batting than his bowling.

agree with Xuhaib but since he is out of the team murli could do it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
if his bowling was the same quality of around 99/2000 i would agree, but not now his bowling has declined a lot since then although it is still pretty effective.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
He's almost 27 years old, so if he say retires at the age of 35/36, I'd say he'll retire as one of the top 10 wicket takers. No way will he become the all time leading wicket taker, and no way does he deserve that title. If anyone has to over take Akram, its gotta be Murali. Lee would've had a chance if he played more ODIs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not going to happen, Murali will end up 2nd on the list after he retires.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Perm said:
Not going to happen, Murali will end up 2nd on the list after he retires.
Agreed. I meant he's the only one who has a chance to catch up with Akram, but I'm sure its not gonna happen. He's 82 wickets behind Akram, and he doesn't pick up wickets as he used to.