• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo's New Live Scoring

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
sideshowtim said:
And the best thing is it's all free. The speed they update with breaking news is also commendable. One of the best webistes on the net.

My only quarrel with it is they have stopped doing Pura Cup games after an...unfortunate commentary incident from one of the stupid commentators.
I think also that cricket.com.au has exclusive rights, being CA's website and all they decided not to lease out the live scoring.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
BNG - The Brown Nosed Gnome :laugh:

It's funny because it is true, he had an unhealthy level of admiration for Steve Waugh.

Cricinfo are only allowed to cover australian domestic games that are telecasted on tv because of the rights deal so we get CA's own inferior version instead.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yes, I was really enjoying the upmoded cricinfo stuff last night for the Pak vs SL game.

Very nice. I also wonder if they've increased/upgraded their servers, 'cause I wasn't having nearly as much as the trouble I generally have when a major international with subcontinental participants is on.

PY

International Coach
Me too actually, maybe they thought that with the tourney being on the sub-continent that there would be even more load and pre-empted it but yesterday, I barely had any trouble getting onto the live scorecard at all! :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love what Cricinfo have done with StatsGuru too, it's amazingly in-depth now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
_Ed_ said:
I love what Cricinfo have done with StatsGuru too, it's amazingly in-depth now.
Any new updates they have done on statsguru? Also I recall Wisden wizard used to have some features which stats guru didn't incorporate back then even though I can't recall them now.