• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should Captain Pakistan?

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I think the guy has a ton of potential as a player and some undiscovered (even by himself) ability as a leader
Actually I agree with this rather enigmatic statement :) but the problem I see with Razzaq is that he is not an automatic choice for tests. His bowling has just not improved the way everyone had hoped it would.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
But one aspect which will be a thorn here (Inzimam's captaining Pakistan) is his attitude. What I mean is he would rather stand in the slips all day rather than run in the field all day
You know Imran before becoming the captain was blamed for exactly the same reasons, espeically after the disastrous tour to India, he is a womanizer, faked his injury, wasnt giving hundred percent, doesnt wanna get his clothes dirty.

And look what he did...

masterblaster

International Captain
Well Yousuf Youhana leading at the moment, but Wasim Akram is very close behind.

I still think Wasim at only 36 should play on for atleast one extra year as he is CLEARLY Pakistans best Bowler, still.
But politics from the PCB and Waqar have obviously kept him out of the Test squad to Zimbabwe, I wonder why? Without his services Australia pummeled Pakistan, and Barring Shoaib and Saqlain, all other bowlers were pretty much useless.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Imran changed but I really can't see Inzamam changing. He has a quite carefree and some could call lazy attitude. He's not going to inspire anyone with his fielding or leaving other people to go and get the ball, also when he captained Pak against NZ in NZ when Moin was dropped he was a dismal failure. Yohanna is the only choice in my opinion. Still youngish, quite astitute and an automatic pick in both squads and one of Pakistan's top batsmen at the moment...what more do you need?:alien8:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
You know Imran before becoming the captain was blamed for exactly the same reasons, espeically after the disastrous tour to India, he is a womanizer, faked his injury, wasnt giving hundred percent, doesnt wanna get his clothes dirty.
Well, from what i know, Imran had been labelled as arrogant and keeping his head higher then others. With Inzimam thats hardly the case, he is lazy...lethargic more appropriately or atleast thats what his body language reflects all the time. Its hardly an issue of arrogance with Inzy.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
another silly reason : Razzaq doesn't LOOK senior enough, and from what i have seen, he's a very passive character. It will take some time for him to mature further, but I cant refuse the temtaption to say that he could be a good choice in the future for Pakistan.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its hard for them cause they never seem to have the same team series after series...

There needs to be a bit of stability in the side so the captain can have something to build on....

Personally i think Wasim was the best option but he is goin to retire soon, of the rest i can't see anything that really stands out.....

I would take a punt and probably go with either Razzaq or Younis Khan....

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
It would have been wasim hands down but, unfortunately for Pakistan he's made himself unfit for the job. At the moment good leadership is the first thing Pakistan need. If it has to be someone other then Waqar then its definitely Yousaf Youhanna.