• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jimmy Adams

dubai194

Banned
Jimmy Adams was a great player in the mid 90's. very people know that he was averaging in the 60's in test matches during that time.

FRAZ

International Captain
He was world no 1 in the batsmen ranking for a little while . He had a wonderful series against India .

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yeah, Jimmy Adams had a real purple patch near the start of his career, though his average steadily declined from those heights later on. I had no real issue with him losing the captaincy after the '01 whitewash in Australia, but I thought the ending of his international career at the same time seemed pretty harsh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
UncleTheOne said:
Didn't his decline have a lot to do with that horrific facial injury whilst touring England (I think)?
Blow to the head.and he was never the same.

I think he was tactically good enough to be a successful captain, but I think he cracked under the pressure in a mental sense. That in itself was surprising, because Adams was always very strong mentally before that episode. Probably shows how difficult it is to captain the West Indies team.