• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Irfan Pathan

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tadeusz said:
Just for interest's sake:
Pathan: 25 Tests, 91 wickets @ 30.79, 7*5wi, 2*10wm.
Akram after 25 Tests: 76 wickets @ 27.6, 4*5wi, 1*10wm

Pathan: 67 ODIs, 111 wickets @ 24.54, 3*4wm, 1*5wm
Akram after 67 ODIs: 86 wickets @ 24.37, 2*4wm, 1*5wm
Out of interest, how many of Wasim's first 25 Tests were against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh?

tadeusz

State 12th Man
At the risk of starting a debate, I'm just gonna say that a Test is a Test..........
You may be right, he probably will not end up as good as Wasim, but I'm not going to write him off just yet.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
tadeusz said:
At the risk of starting a debate, I'm just gonna say that a Test is a Test..........
You may be right, he probably will not end up as good as Wasim, but I'm not going to write him off just yet.

There is no "may" and "probably" about it.

Nishant

International 12th Man
silentstriker said:
There is no "may" and "probably" about it.

don't be so sure! how do u know what will happen; pathan might start taking lots of wickets and u'll have to eat ur words!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nishant said:
don't be so sure! how do u know what will happen; pathan might start taking lots of wickets and u'll have to eat ur words!
Knowing SS, he'll be glad to eat anything in exchange for an Akram-esque bowler for India.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nishant said:
your choice mate! Im just trying to give two points of view about the whole discussion!

There are points of view, and then there are wild groundless optimism. "Pathan the future Wasim Akram" camp is so ridiculous that they don't even fall into the wild groundless optimism category.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
nightprowler10 said:
Knowing SS, he'll be glad to eat anything in exchange for an Akram-esque bowler for India.
Yea.

In fact, the Indian government should commence a secret kidnapping and brainwashing sessions of young Pakistani/West Indies kids who are bowling fast, so they can bowl for India. :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
Add me to that list as well. and that's saying something coz I am a veggie.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Yea.

In fact, the Indian government should commence a secret kidnapping and brainwashing sessions of young Pakistani/West Indies kids who are bowling fast, so they can bowl for India. :ph34r:
With India's luck they'll start bowling leg spinners for no apparent reason.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
nightprowler10 said:
With India's luck they'll start bowling leg spinners for no apparent reason.

Or drop pace in favor of 'accuracy'. After which they will be neither fast nor accurate, and that'll be that.