• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Irfan Pathan

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
He doesn't deserve a place in the Indian team right now. There is something called 'Retirement'. Pathan should try considering that as a career.
Yea and so should Powar, Munaf and Ajit right? I think Pathan deserves an apology from you after his performance today.:laugh:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Pathan might have been a really successful bowler had he only concentrated on bowling, he is almost as useful now with the ball as with the bat, or thats how india see it. For me he should have concentrated on gaining more speed in his bowling, it would have made him into a lethal bowler beucase hes already got natural swing, he is a thinking bowler but sometimes i feel that if he had more pace it would have been really effective for him. Now he has become sort of an allrounder, india doesnt need that at the moment, true it brings more options for batting, but india have always struggled to find a proper fast bowler, they might have lost another one?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
godofcricket said:
Pathan might have been a really successful bowler had he only concentrated on bowling, he is almost as useful now with the ball as with the bat, or thats how india see it. For me he should have concentrated on gaining more speed in his bowling, it would have made him into a lethal bowler beucase hes already got natural swing, he is a thinking bowler but sometimes i feel that if he had more pace it would have been really effective for him. Now he has become sort of an allrounder, india doesnt need that at the moment, true it brings more options for batting, but india have always struggled to find a proper fast bowler, they might have lost another one?
i don't think so, he was never going to be genuinely fast, at medium pace, control, variety and consistency are what matters and if he can achieve that, he wins and india wins, however, he is a long way away from achieving that....

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Anil said:
i don't think so, he was never going to be genuinely fast, at medium pace, control, variety and consistency are what matters and if he can achieve that, he wins and india wins, however, he is a long way away from achieving that....
Its pretty obvious that control is the key, but pathan from the start had an amazing control, he had variety, i was hearing Imran khan once on fast bowling, he did say that he wasnt a fast bowler untill 25, he had medium pace, but he altered his action abit, changed his run-up and follow through and he went onto become one of the greats.....pathan has an amazing talent to become one amazing bowler, he should concentrate on his bowling alot and try and increase his pace and he still can, hes isnt a 30 year old yet, he could still be lethal.

adharcric

International Coach
shortpitched713 said:
God, you guys are hopelessly pessimistic about your young pace talent.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/engine/match/249745.html

I mean it wasn't a particulary special performance against a not so good England side, but you guys were going on like he couldn't make county seconds for his bowling. The man's had a form slump. Its not like he can't get it back just "cause hes an Indian pace bowler".
It really doesn't matter how many times you say this, the pessimistic fans will not change.
How appropriate that Sanz has disappeared on the day IKP finally turns in a solid effort with the ball. :)

Nishant

International 12th Man
great performance by pathan today! im really glad that he's back (hope he's consistent as well) i always backed him to do well ; that's cos we know that he has potential

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turbinator said:
Yea and so should Powar, Munaf and Ajit right? I think Pathan deserves an apology from you after his performance today.:laugh:
:laugh: Yea. :laugh: All opinions should be changed based on one-off performances. :laugh: It would make the world so much more fun. :laugh:

Based on this I'm considering apologizing to Sajid Mahmood for calling him a rubbish ODI bowler. :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

adharcric said:
How appropriate that Sanz has disappeared on the day IKP finally turns in a solid effort with the ball. :)
His last post in the thread was about 12 hours before this post. Give the man a break! Not everyone lives on CW.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
:laugh: Yea. :laugh: All opinions should be changed based on one-off performances. :laugh: It would make the world so much more fun. :laugh:

Based on this I'm considering apologizing to Sajid Mahmood for calling him a rubbish ODI bowler. :laugh:
You shoud've apologized at that time to Sajid, but now you can go back to start calling him rubbish.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Unlike You I do have a life beyond CW.

Besides England is such a great ODI team to jump and down. In bowler friendly conditions obviously he would come and take few wickets. Tell you what, Entire CT is left for him to prove me wrong. Once he does that, then you can come around here and jump up and down.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
Yeah Agarkar should go. Powar and Munaf are new, let them play for another year to pass judgment on them.

As for the apology, does Pathan ever apologize for putting up pathetic performances ? I continue to see him on TV, begging us to buy some lame *** product.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:

Besides England is such a great ODI team to jump and down. In bowler friendly conditions obviously he would come and take few wickets. Tell you what, Entire CT is left for him to prove me wrong. Once he does that, then you can come around here and jump up and down.
Dude calm yourself, I am sure adharcric has a life too beyond CW, you might just not be noticing it. Try taking a closer look.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Yeah Agarkar should go. Powar and Munaf are new, let them play for another year to pass judgment on them.

As for the apology, does Pathan ever apologize for putting up pathetic performances ? I continue to see him on TV, begging us to buy some lame *** product.
Are you serious, how come I never saw these ads, and I am sure atleast one of the products might of caught your interest, try em' you'll like it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay honestly, mind says Pathan will get knocked around the ground by the likes of Gayle, Sarwan, Lara. But heart says he will do what Dwayne Bravo did in the second ODI against India.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Turbinator said:
Dude calm yourself, I am sure adharcric has a life too beyond CW, you might just not be noticing it. Try taking a closer look.
LOL. The majority of his post had nothing to do with 'having a life'!

adharcric

International Coach
Sanz said:

Chill out man, that wasn't a serious comment. I know you just didn't get time to come on the forum. I expected you to figure that one out. Anyways, let us see how he fares in the rest of the CT. All I'm saying is stop your "Pathan should retire" impulsions if you want others to stop jumping up and down over one good performance. You're right though, he hasn't proved you wrong yet.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Chill out man, that wasn't a serious comment. I know you just didn't get time to come on the forum. Anyways, let us see how he fares in the rest of the CT. All I'm saying is stop your "Pathan should retire" impulsions if you want others to stop jumping up and down over one good performance. You're right though, he hasn't proved you wrong yet.

I don't have a life outside the forum. Does that mean I get the Bradman award next week? :unsure: