• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Botham At It Again

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Contrary to what some people on here may think, I have never been a big fan of Ian Botham.
However, one thing that cannot be taken away from him is the exceptional work he has done with his Charity Walks for Cancer.

The John O'Groats to Land's End was the stuff of legend when I was growing up.

He is at it again with his 11th walk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ma...IV0?xml=/sport/2006/10/12/scphil12.xml&page=1

Did people from outside the UK know about his foot-blistering charity efforts?

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I disagree on just about everything he says and politically we're on different planets, but his indefatigable work for charity astounds me. Tough as ****.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pedro Delgado said:
I disagree on just about everything he says and politically we're on different planets, but his indefatigable work for charity astounds me. Tough as ****.

Most inappropriate use of a pic ever?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Most inappropriate use of a pic ever?
:p

I trawled Google for a decent applause pic but found mediocrity, these Gruniad libbie lesboze had to suffice.

Mainly though my interest was drawn toward the marvellous facade and lighting of the theatre.

So yes, you're right Langs, but **** it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pedro Delgado said:
:p

I trawled Google for a decent applause pic but found mediocrity, these Gruniad libbie lesboze had to suffice.

Mainly though my interest was drawn toward the marvellous facade and lighting of the theatre.

So yes, you're right Langs, but **** it.
I actually laughed, I just looked at the woman in the bottom right corner and wondered what the **** you were on about

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Still remember the first walk he did - I held a raffle for a minature bottle of Whiskey I'd won at Bingo (Bear in mind I was about 8 at the time)

Raised all of £12-13 and sent it in, but still got a letter back thanking me signed from him (or so I thought at the time) - top bloke IMO

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Never heard too much about them till AB walked with Deano and a few others from Sydney to Brisbane, he mentioned is was Bothams walks that gave him the idea.