• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowler Ever

Who do u think is the best bowler ever

• Ian Salisbury

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ajit Agarkar

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Mohammad Sami

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Dave Mohammad

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Mick Lewis

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Other(please mention in your post)

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
LongHopCassidy said:
Shane Warne. :p
Beleg said:
Muttiah Muralitharan.
Both of u must be kidding because the best bowler ever is Ian Salisbury.Don't u see that only Sir Donald Bradman has a better average than him?Murali & Warne average in early 20s only which shows that they both are crap.

Loots

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Mark Boucher has a Test Bowling Average of 6.00 - So therefore he is the best ever, surely?

haroon510

International 12th Man
sami i know he is out of form and he isn't performing well but he is going to make a big come back iam sure.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Other, it's a toss up between Shane Warne and Sir Richard Hadlee for me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Perm said:
Other, it's a toss up between Shane Warne and Sir Richard Hadlee for me.

In almost any objective criteria you wish to set, Murali clearly comes out better than Warne (I still might put Warne first just cause I don't know if the Doosra can be bowled legally, or at least I don't know if anyone has yet managed to do it legally ;)). As for pacers, Hadlee is up there along with Marshall, Ambrose, McGrath and one or two other pre-1960 bowlers.

My problem is that the pitches and the game has changed so much that its hard to have direct comparisons.