There are 10 quotes; you have to work out the answers, easy! Below there is a list of 30 names, for the serious Cricket Tragic you should NOT use these names. I will just answer how many people have correct, ie 6 correct answers. Until someone has all ten right
1. Whom was Bob Willis refering to ?
When he told Ian Botham ‘to go and run the bugger out’
2. Which Aussie is Brian Lara talking to from slip?
‘No heart man, get behind it’
3. Which fast bowler is talking to W.G?
‘Surely your not going, Doc? There’s still one stump standing.’
4. Name the band that sings this line?
I don’t like Cricket, oh no, I love it
5. Name the captain who uttered the words?
‘There are two teams out there; one is trying to play Cricket.’
6. Which contemporary wrote of Trumper?
‘As a batsman, I’m not fit to lick Vic’s boots’.
7. Which baseball player said?
‘Cricket? That’s the game they play with the bat that’s like an oar.’
8. Who wrote about A.C. Maclaren?
‘He didn’t merely hook the ball, he dismissed it from his presence.’
9. Which Contemporary is talking about Bradman here?
“You’ve got to understand, history does not look favourably upon those that **** on monuments”
10. Which Cricket aristocrat uttered these words?
“Pray God, no professional shall ever captain England!”
Lord Harris, Joe Darling, 10 CC, R.S. Whitington, Sir Neville Cardus, Ernest Jones, ZZ top, Lord Hawke, Richie Benaud, Zaheer Abbas, Sir Plum Warner, Joe DiMaggio, Bob Marley, Geoff Boycott, Mark Waugh, Fred Spofforth, Clem Hill, Bill Ponsford, Jack Fingleton, Dean Jones, Mike Smith, Allan Border, Bill Woodfull, Micky Mantle, Bill O’Reilley, Willie Mays, Charles Kortright, C.B. Fry, Shane Warne, M.A. Noble