• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quote Quiz

archie mac

International Coach
Reading it again he seems to be talking of Bradman in the present tense but the other batsman in the past???

Is he on this list

Fry
Jackson
MaClaren

archie mac

International Coach
Yes, well done :p

Written in Cardus' essay titled 'Bradman 1930' as seen in 'Faces in the Crowd' by Martin Flanagan which I found on the shelf and randomly flicked to a page on Cardus, Trumper etc.
Yes he wrote something similar about Bradman but compared him to Trumper, saying Bradman was a jet plane and one was an eagle.....

Might reverse the game and someone tell me the quote?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes he wrote something similar about Bradman but compared him to Trumper, saying Bradman was a jet plane and one was an eagle.....

Might reverse the game and someone tell me the quote?
Bradman was the summing up of the Efficient Age which succeeded the Golden Age. Here was brilliance safe and sure, streamlined and without impulse. Victor Trumper was the flying bird; Bradman the aeroplane
Cardus writing in Autobiography

archie mac

International Coach
Bradman was the summing up of the Efficient Age which succeeded the Golden Age. Here was brilliance safe and sure, streamlined and without impulse. Victor Trumper was the flying bird; Bradman the aeroplane
Cardus writing in Autobiography
Too good mate:) Your turn

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Who said "Its all a matter of inches - those between your ears" and what was he referring to ?