• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which youngsters are better out of India and Pakistan?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate from what i saw with Pakistan they have alot to improve if thats there next line of players...

The likes of Yuvraj, and sehwag have already proven they can stand up to the big time, although credit must go to Hasan Raza, he showed he has the ability and the mind to be a top cricketer...

But overall i would say...
INDIA

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
A few things:

-Why do you call it 'world', because that implies all the teams of the world, but u r just comparing India and Pak.

-As you have a bowler in the Indian players, Zaheer, so u should include Mohd Sami in Pak, who is about 3 yrs younger (I think?), or Shoaib Akhtar, who is three yrs older than Zaheer. Otherwise its comparing apples with ornages.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
At this stage it looks like as if India is better, but in overall future teams comparison, bowlers are probably even more important, and if either team can produce a match winner, that team might be more successful in winning.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I havent voted yet but I would say out of the players put up there by masterblaster india wins but as far as overall young telent goes I think india and Pakistan are fairly equal.

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by masterblaster
im sorry, i never really thought up of that, just imagine Dinesh Mongia instead of Zaheer than.
That would be much smarter, that way one would be just comparing young Indian and Pakistani batters, and as we all know Indians are far better.
Though with Pacers, its the other way around!

V Reddy

International Debutant
But i don't think there are that good fast bowlers coming in PAK too maybe except Sami. Shoiab has been around for about 4 or 5 years. Earlier every Season there used to be one or the other coming through.

yorker

I'm not sure whether Imran Nazir would be a part of Pak team in futute.Misbah on the other hand is hardly that young, is around 28 yrs old.Faisal fared poorly after an impressive match, but i can tell you that the guy will get better and has lot of potential!
Among the young generation, the ones who are surely going to be a part of Pakistani team are Umer Gul, Kamran Akmal,Najaf Shah & Bazid khan .

Umer gu : a genuine quick bowler, Aqib Javed wants him to be a part of the WC squad already!

K Akmal : A wicket keeper batsman, who often opens in onedayer.When Lateef got injured in a match, Waqar wanted to give Kamran a chance but Lateef amazingly got fit overnight and deprived Kamran a test birth!

N Shah: another quick in the rank, highly talented youngster.

B Khan: Son of Majid Khan,a right handed batsman. Has the potential to deliver at the top level.

yorker

Originally posted by vishnureddy
But i don't think there are that good fast bowlers coming in PAK too maybe except Sami. Shoiab has been around for about 4 or 5 years. Earlier every Season there used to be one or the other coming through.
That is because you haven't seen the young fast bowler.Problem till the WC will be that with W's around the young pacers won't get a chance, after that things will change.

Umer Gul has impressed Clive llyod with his bowling , did well in the junior WC and destroyed Lankan A team recently.Najaf Shah is another quick who has a good future.Interestingly the pacer who has been the leading wkt taker in domestic cricket "Abdul Rauf" haven't got much chance to show his potential in international matches.

[Edited on 23/10/2002 by yorker]

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
hehe Masterblaster you always tend to ask questions which have the answer :INDIA :).
On, what has been on display for the previous few months, the indian youngsters take the cake. But, one important consideration which you must have when comparing the two, and i am surprised no one has put it forward yet, but the indian youngsters came through under the wings of the seniors. They have been playing regular cricket sicne quite some time, whereas the present series was a throw out of the dark for these players you mention, they were an ALL youth team, pitted against Australia so not much chance to blossom is their ? anyway, the Indian batsmen have shown far far more maturity in their batting and responsibility then the Pakistanis. On that count I hand it to the Indian young guns. Currently they have all the youngsters at exactly the right positions.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmmm except Dinesh Mongia at No.3 in ODIs...Tendulkar would be a much better choice and Mongia has failed to deliver much lately.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
India by a long shot at the moment with the current crops, they're also Mr Rayudu who blew seven shades out of England U19s this summer.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Yeah Rayudu is a very talented player. His last innings in England was amazing. He single handedly won that match. He will be in the reckoning if he gets a few good performances in Ranji trophy which starts within a month's time. With luck he may even get the no.3 spot in onedayers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by masterblaster
Originally posted by Gotchya
hehe Masterblaster you always tend to ask questions which have the answer :INDIA :).
Hahaha, no no I really dont intend it to be that way at all

;) :D :lol: :saint:
Well, your challenge is to start a poll where the answer isn't India! ;)

mofo123

U19 12th Man
yea coz any indian in the world would admit that pak has talent...haha...come of it, salman is not a talent? scoring a maiden test century against Australia, yet no1 seems to think abt him, and wot abt kaneria? he is one of the fast spinner wicket takers 27 tests for 102 wickets think abt that? imran farhat taufeeq umar, umar gul list is pretty much endless seen as the youngesters play cricket 24/7 and wot abt the unseen talent the pak under 19s r world champions for god sakes... wait till they come through... not at all am i saying indas player rnt good and im not saying pakistan youngsters are better...im saying dont b too quick to judge, its all opinion and statistics alone so lets not start this inane rguement abt who is better...im sure they all try as hard as the next person and they r working hard to b where they r dont disrespect them by putting them down in comparisons