Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which youngsters are better out of India and Pakistan?

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!

Which youngsters are better out of India and Pakistan?

[Edited on 23/10/2002 by masterblaster]
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Mate from what i saw with Pakistan they have alot to improve if thats there next line of players...

The likes of Yuvraj, and sehwag have already proven they can stand up to the big time, although credit must go to Hasan Raza, he showed he has the ability and the mind to be a top cricketer...

But overall i would say...
    INDIA

State 12th Man
    A few things:

-Why do you call it 'world', because that implies all the teams of the world, but u r just comparing India and Pak.

-As you have a bowler in the Indian players, Zaheer, so u should include Mohd Sami in Pak, who is about 3 yrs younger (I think?), or Shoaib Akhtar, who is three yrs older than Zaheer. Otherwise its comparing apples with ornages.

Netblazer3D Champion!
    im sorry, i never really thought up of that, just imagine Dinesh Mongia instead of Zaheer than.

State 12th Man
    At this stage it looks like as if India is better, but in overall future teams comparison, bowlers are probably even more important, and if either team can produce a match winner, that team might be more successful in winning.

Netblazer3D Champion!
    roy, by any chance are you Pakistani?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    It's India by so very very much.

State 12th Man
    yes, why? if u r wondering, I do not necessarily support Pak.

International Debutant
    I havent voted yet but I would say out of the players put up there by masterblaster india wins but as far as overall young telent goes I think india and Pakistan are fairly equal.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Originally posted by masterblaster
    im sorry, i never really thought up of that, just imagine Dinesh Mongia instead of Zaheer than.
    That would be much smarter, that way one would be just comparing young Indian and Pakistani batters, and as we all know Indians are far better.
    Though with Pacers, its the other way around!

But i don't think there are that good fast bowlers coming in PAK too maybe except Sami. Shoiab has been around for about 4 or 5 years. Earlier every Season there used to be one or the other coming through.

I'm not sure whether Imran Nazir would be a part of Pak team in futute.Misbah on the other hand is hardly that young, is around 28 yrs old.Faisal fared poorly after an impressive match, but i can tell you that the guy will get better and has lot of potential!
    Among the young generation, the ones who are surely going to be a part of Pakistani team are Umer Gul, Kamran Akmal,Najaf Shah & Bazid khan .

Umer gu : a genuine quick bowler, Aqib Javed wants him to be a part of the WC squad already!

K Akmal : A wicket keeper batsman, who often opens in onedayer.When Lateef got injured in a match, Waqar wanted to give Kamran a chance but Lateef amazingly got fit overnight and deprived Kamran a test birth!

N Shah: another quick in the rank, highly talented youngster.

B Khan: Son of Majid Khan,a right handed batsman. Has the potential to deliver at the top level.

Originally posted by vishnureddy
    But i don't think there are that good fast bowlers coming in PAK too maybe except Sami. Shoiab has been around for about 4 or 5 years. Earlier every Season there used to be one or the other coming through.
    That is because you haven't seen the young fast bowler.Problem till the WC will be that with W's around the young pacers won't get a chance, after that things will change.

Umer Gul has impressed Clive llyod with his bowling , did well in the junior WC and destroyed Lankan A team recently.Najaf Shah is another quick who has a good future.Interestingly the pacer who has been the leading wkt taker in domestic cricket "Abdul Rauf" haven't got much chance to show his potential in international matches.

[Edited on 23/10/2002 by yorker]

hehe Masterblaster you always tend to ask questions which have the answer :INDIA .
    On, what has been on display for the previous few months, the indian youngsters take the cake. But, one important consideration which you must have when comparing the two, and i am surprised no one has put it forward yet, but the indian youngsters came through under the wings of the seniors. They have been playing regular cricket sicne quite some time, whereas the present series was a throw out of the dark for these players you mention, they were an ALL youth team, pitted against Australia so not much chance to blossom is their ? anyway, the Indian batsmen have shown far far more maturity in their batting and responsibility then the Pakistanis. On that count I hand it to the Indian young guns. Currently they have all the youngsters at exactly the right positions.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Rik
    Hmmmmm except Dinesh Mongia at No.3 in ODIs...Tendulkar would be a much better choice and Mongia has failed to deliver much lately.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information