• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Death Plot Revealed

Slow Love™

International Captain
16 tins of Spam said:
John Howard is a cretin. He said the following about the "Ashes threat" on the radio:

So basically, Howard is saying "while I'll rationally point out that this is probably all a load of nonsense, I'll throw in a little reminder for you all to stay scared of the terrorist boogeyman."
I don't know that I'd describe that as cretinous so much as opportunistic.

LongHopCassidy said:
That's true, and I take your point, but what would anyone but a newspaper have to gain by scare mongering?
See above.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yep. Opportunistic. When you can ignore the emotional side, you have to sit back and admire just how skilled an operator the guy is. If only he used his powers for good, instead of evil...

Craig

World Traveller
Now I'm not a scientist, but according to the paper and the article I read, that sarim gas is a very dangerous thing and would be very hard to handle and make.

Our resident science expert/s will explain more if they wish to.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Its a lot more difficult to produce and effectively deliver than a homemade bomb - as is evidenced by the number of homemade bombs that go off around the world every week compared to the number of sarin gas attacks.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
It's not the fact that Al Q could do it, they possibly could, it's the nonsense about terrorists being allowed to change target "because they like cricket" that is making this story hold a sieve full of water.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm slightly chuffed they would even know or even care about cricket.

If they wanted a target then any major football stadium in the UK (ie Anfield, Old Trafford, Emirates Stadium, White **** Lane [sorry], St James, and in Scotland places like Parkhead and Ibrox) would do. Me and my friend who went to OT (the football one) last year for ManU v Chavski and was surprised how easy it was, I meany terrorist could strap a bomb to themselves and walk in and press a button to set it off.