• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Mohd Sami a love child of Imraan

Xuhaib

International Coach
Arjun said:
Sami's lack of height is definitely a problem, as is the case with Agarkar, but the extra pace can be put to good use. His Test record is awful, but he's done rather well in ODI's and he's been successful against the Indians, who have a superior batting lineup. Plus, none of the other non-Akhtar and non-Asif bowlers have that kind of pace and power which can run through batting sides cleanly.
I must say Gul is quite good and has Asif-ish potential. I agree Sami's extra pace is an advantage but he is so gun barrel straight that batsmen can just line him up and hit him whereever they want.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i think he should have been given a chance in one day matche. since he has a much better one day record. he has been aweful in last years i agree with that but for a bowler who started his test career with taking 8 wicket it is really dissappointing droping like this. i seee iftekhar anjum in the team who hasn't prove any thing since he has been in the team. i think sami deserve that spot in there for the one day games in icc trophy.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
godofcricket said:
Well sami has alot of talent no doubt, but the problem with him is his inconsistentcy, hes probably the most inconsistent player i have seen, even more than afridi......the reason i think Imran likes him is becuase hes got pace and has a very nice and smooth action, its pretty obvious that he can become our premium strike bowler but for some unknown reason his performance is on the low side as well as him confidence.
How true !!!

Agarkar too is the most talented batsman in the world since Archie Jackson. Its just that he is the most consistent batsman in the world EVER. I mean just think of his spectacular century at Lords? Why must we focus on his spectacuar (near) century of ducks :sleep:

Wonder whose love child HE is :blink:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
haroon510 said:
i think he should have been given a chance in one day matche. since he has a much better one day record.
Run a donkey in the village games instead of the Derby and you will make a stallion out of him one day :sleep:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The reason Imran keeps raving about Sami is because he(Sami) is talented. IMO had Imran been the captain, Sami would be world class talent similar to the likes of Wasim/Waqar and may be Imran also believes that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sanz said:
The reason Imran keeps raving about Sami is because he(Sami) is talented. IMO had Imran been the captain, Sami would be world class talent similar to the likes of Wasim/Waqar and may be Imran also believes that.
Having natural pace desen't mean you are talented, why dont people get that.

FRAZ

International Captain
SJS said:
Run a donkey in the village games instead of the Derby and you will make a stallion out of him one day :sleep:
Running a donkey behind Sami and Agarkar will definately make'em fitter and finer ..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Xuhaib said:
Having natural pace desen't mean you are talented, why dont people get that.

To us Indians, natural pace is talent. :-O

If we ever get someone who can bowl at 95mph, he's going to be on the team, I don't care how many wides he bowls.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sanz said:
Isn't having natural pace a natural talent ?
Ok yeah having natural pace is a talent but what i meant was that just having pace does not mean you are bound to be a good bowler as Imran thinks of Sami. The other parts of his game sucks so much that it does not matter whether he has pace or not.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Isn't having natural pace a natural talent ?
Natural pace is a natural talent indeed as only a few indiduals have been able to extract such a high speed . Sami's case is different cuz he has some natural pace but the length that he has is quite a bad one and due to his action he has never been able to extract the desired swing.

FRAZ

International Captain
R_D said:
He's after the inzi award.
Hey ! I thought you knew about that 'youtube' video which is quite inappropriate to be posted as a link here .
Anyways it was supposed to be funny only if you had seen that 'donkey video ' there . I don't blame you for the above pathetic sarcasm , it's just I thought, people have seen that video where a donkey is running behind a man ...

Legglancer

State Regular
Please forgive me for mentioning both of them in the same sentance ..... But could Sami ever matchup to the Great AA ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Legglancer said:
Please forgive me for mentioning both of them in the same sentance ..... But could Sami ever matchup to the Great AA ?
Yes, but eventually he would wake up from his dream.

R_D

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
Hey ! I thought you knew about that 'youtube' video which is quite inappropriate to be posted as a link here .
Anyways it was supposed to be funny only if you had seen that 'donkey video ' there . I don't blame you for the above pathetic sarcasm , it's just I thought, people have seen that video where a donkey is running behind a man ...
hehehe fair enough

You haven't won a Inzi award for a while according to your signature so i thought you might be aiming for one ;)