• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ashes Build Up

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rich2001
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Originally posted by Rik
Harmison models himself on a West Indian pacer and has a similer action to that of most West Indians. The 7 wides in a row can be excused by the bad bump he got early in the match and also that the margins for wides in OD games are much tighter than in tests, Harmison keeps the ball outside off stump so its not surprising he's being wided in a OD game.
Fair enough that he keeps the ball outside off stump but please explain why the majority of wides were down the leg side....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Due to the bang on his head, he didn't notice that a single was taken and it was now a left hander on strike :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, has Matthew Hoggard been living on a different Planet...

He has accused the Aussies of doctoring the WACA wicket wo be fast and bouncy so that it advantages them...
Um from what i can recall the WACA has been fast and bouncy for about 100 years....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rich2001

International Captain

Oh by the way, has Matthew Hoggard been living on a different Planet...

He has accused the Aussies of doctoring the WACA wicket wo be fast and bouncy so that it advantages them...
Um from what i can recall the WACA has been fast and bouncy for about 100 years....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
So S.Warne to take the most wickets then..

It also seems a strange comment as every team goes in with at least 3 fast bowlers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So nither team would gain an advantage.....

Rich2001

International Captain
yeah he's just making up excuses ready for when they get belted...
:P:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:
At least ours are ready, you lot will need to think on the spot :frog:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
we have ours...

Plane Strike, cause the only way u'll beat us is if we don't turn up!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
we have ours...

Plane Strike, cause the only way u'll beat us is if we don't turn up!!!!!!
Iam sure that can be arranged :D

Also news is that either C.White or A.Tudor could be called up as cover... I can just see how Neil took the news that his favourite player in A.Tudor is being considered

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
well in todays paper over here it says that
Flintoff is only 2% chance of playing
Gough 15% chance of playing
Simon Jones 40% chance of playing
Michael Vaughan 70% chance of playing

I heard about Tudor being called up but not White

Rich2001

International Captain
I heard about Tudor being called up but not White
Yep White was being considered because he is back to bowling at full pace again after a long injury problem and his batting in Tests matches is impressive avg of around 43, and is a geniune all-rounder who would be a like for like replacment for A.Flintoff

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i think you'd be better goin with a full fledged batsman though...
4 bowlers and 7 batsman...
you will need depth...

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah i think you'd be better goin with a full fledged batsman though...
4 bowlers and 7 batsman...
you will need depth...
It's all good to get loads of runs, remember our batsman have been in super form of late hitting 500+ many times, but only 4 bowlers ARE YOU MAD!!! how the hell could we bowl out Australia with 4 bowlers we struggle as it is and what if one of them gets a niggle from their injuires that would leave England trying to bowl out Australia with 3 bowlers, remember you need to take 20 wickets to win a match.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah thats all good and well to say you have been hitting 500+ but against who...
INDIA....
i mean they have a ok attack but away from home they are pretty ordinary...

The Aussie attack is in lethal form especially Warnie who i think will destroy the English again...
Its gonna be a very difficult decision for your selectors...
I would like to see a close series as i can't remember the last time a test arrived in sydney with the series on the line...
But i think it will be the same as usual...

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah thats all good and well to say you have been hitting 500+ but against who...
INDIA....
i mean they have a ok attack but away from home they are pretty ordinary...

The Aussie attack is in lethal form especially Warnie who i think will destroy the English again...
Its gonna be a very difficult decision for your selectors...
I would like to see a close series as i can't remember the last time a test arrived in sydney with the series on the line...
But i think it will be the same as usual...
Fair point..so go for it name me your England team for the Ashes???

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
At the moment I'd look at this team (if all fit)

Trescothick
Vaughan
Butcher
Hussain
Key
Crawley
Stewart
Flintoff
Giles
Hoggard
Gough

I feel the 7 batsmen (plus Flintoff) adds good depth, and we have 3 frontline bowlers plus back up in the openers and Butcher.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i like that side Marc...
I think its has alot of depth....
Although u take out flintoff and it looks a bit weaker...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Well guess what!

ENGLAND are screwed!

they have got about 7 players (in their squad) that are not fully fit.

AND GOugh is gone for a while:duh:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It would seem ridiculous to me for the England not to include Jones and Harmison as all they've talked about since getting here has been how their pace bowlers will destroy us.

The England side for the first test will not include Gough or Flintoff so we may as well leave them out here.

Trescothick
Vaughan
Butcher
Hussain
Crawley
Stewart
White
Giles
JOnes
Harmison
Hoggard

White will come into the squad and play. I agree with Rich that they need 5 bowlers and White has the batting average to be a good no. 7. The Gabba pitch will favour pace as will the WACA. Giles may not play at all in the WACA test match.

It is unfortunate that the England side is not fully fit as it would be good to thrash them and not have them whinge about being decimated by injuries when they get thrashed anyway.:D:D:D:D:D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year

Lunch on Day 1 of the Tour Match vs Western Australia
England are 4/73....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The English are in Tatters.....
Oh by the way rich u might want to update your Key watch!!!!!
R.Key LBW b.C.Thorp 4(6)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There goes Englands Savior....

Im sorry i should stop now....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No seriously
:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

V Reddy

International Debutant
I don't think that Jones and Harmison will trouble AUS. They picked mostly Indian tailenders wickets and not their batsman. So, when they can't get Indian batsman who are very poor away how can they trouble the aussies. Also they do not have much pace also. They are around 145 kmph ( Around Ntini and Hayward ) which a test class batsman does not have much trouble facing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So, when they can't get Indian batsman who are very poor away how can they trouble the aussies.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that really poor indian middle order of Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly! :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Also they do not have much pace also. They are around 145 kmph ( Around Ntini and Hayward ) which a test class batsman does not have much trouble facing.
AFAIK they're both consistently around the 92mph level - I'd settle for that to be honest.