• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lara or tendulkar?

andmark

International Captain
Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar are two greates of the game. But at there best who was the better player?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Actually, this has been done so many times, it makes Paris Hilton look like a virgin.

Mark Ramprakash for me too.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have a set answer to this question which I copy and paste from a text file every time someone asks it. 8-)

If you can be sure that the batsman was going to make a century I would prefer to watch Lara, but if your grannies dentures depended on it I would choose Tendulkar to play the innings.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I like both of them, if in full flow i would pick Lara just becuase i think hes more entertaining and i like his shot selection. Technique wise i would pick tendulkar.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
To go completely off at a tangent, particularly surreal moment this season when I realised that the two kids opening the batting for one U11 team down near Exeter had techniques that were highly similar to a) Brian Lara and b) Shiv Chanderpaul. Maybe Trinidad and Thorverton have more in common that we thought...?

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Neil Pickup said:
To go completely off at a tangent, particularly surreal moment this season when I realised that the two kids opening the batting for one U11 team down near Exeter had techniques that were highly similar to a) Brian Lara and b) Shiv Chanderpaul. Maybe Trinidad and Thorverton have more in common that we thought...?

That's scary. How does an U11 kid end up with a technique like Shiv's? Who's been teaching him?!?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
UncleTheOne said:
That's scary. How does an U11 kid end up with a technique like Shiv's? Who's been teaching him?!?
I really don't know! It was perfectly normal the last time I saw him (March), and then by the end of the season it was all very very front on. I'm not complaining; he's seemingly getting better and better and better - wouldn't be surprised to see him get very close to county representation next summer.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
If you told the kid he bats like Lara he will feel untouchable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tell him to bat like Sachin, not Lara. Only Lara can bat like Lara, and if he doesn't have the natural talent that lara does...

Whereas Sachin has almost perfect technque, so you can try to emulate that.