• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younis Khan refuses acting as ad-hoc captain - his future might be in danger

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Um, more drama from Pakistan?

Yea, refusing to captain is not grounds for expulsion. There are a lot of reasons why someone wouldn't want to be captain. I sure wouldn't want to be captain of India. Though Australia, England, NZ, etc, I'd love to captain.
I don't think India wants you to be their captain either.

haroon510

International 12th Man
if u go back and check the history of pakistani team after imran khan retired all u will see is these kind of issues. pakistani team is a great time there is no doubt about that. pakistan is a country of ful of talanted cricketers. what lack thier team is unity. this is also the issue of unity among the pakistani players. the media and fans have witness alot of issues like this including the issue of barbados test in west indies ( shahid afridi vs younis). the sad part is that every time something like this happens it really influance the team's performance and pakistani team and players never learn from this. they keep repeating it again and again.

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe its a good move by Younis, Inzy captaincy has been called into question a fair bit since his walk off. Younis won't take the captaincy unless they give it to him for real, and he is a vital clog in the team. Is there anyone else in the team with leadership potential? I guess it depends on if he can convince the PCB that he is a better alternative to Inzy.

Could either blow up in his face or be a masterstroke =p. Won't be good for team unity either way though...

Shahryar Khan has said that Younis Khan will be heavily fined after Champions Trophy so that no player in the future repeats the same act.Its being said that Younis has refused to captain because of his clash with the coach Bob Woolmer on some issue in the 2nd test vs England while Woolmer says that he has no differences with Younis Khan on any issue.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
nightprowler10 said:
This could be a blow for Pakistan going in to a busy few months of cricket. Younis is most definitely the best choice for Pakistan, even if Inzamam was playing. Its strange, because I never took Younis for a crybaby like Inzamam.
Apparently it is because folks like Razzaq, Afridi and Akhtar and Yousuf himself aren't happy with him becoming captain and were not cooperating in the camp. Got it from a couple of newspaper reports here.

Xuhaib

International Coach
More drama as Sheryar Khan resignes, also there are some unconfirmed reports that senior blokes like Razzaq, Afridi and Akhtar formed a group against him.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
More drama as Sheryar Khan resignes, also there are some unconfirmed reports that senior blokes like Razzaq, Afridi and Akhtar formed a group against him.
against who sheryar khan, bob or inzi. ya like i said the team is good but there is no unity in the team.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Typical of Pakistan to have such drama and tension. But how incredibly frustrating considering that the Woolmer tenure had seemingly brought some calm and sense to PCB! Now sadly we're back to the days of old. I wonder how much damage this does to Pakistan's chances in the CT and WC. Turmoil within the team is the most difficult thing to overcome.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
The problem with pakistan is, they have a General as a president who wants to interfere in every matter, no matter what the issue is, rather than him concentrating on political issues for the country, he had himself appointed someone who had no cricket background and could follow whatever he demanded, in other words his dummy, Musharraf himself has no cricketing knowledge and is the chairman of PCB.......so to me the current situation shouldnt be a surprise to anyone when knowing the amount of politics invloved in the sport.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just heard on GEO TV that Mushtaq Ahmed is no longer an assisstant coach for Pakistan. What the hell is going on here?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nightprowler10 said:
Just heard on GEO TV that Mushtaq Ahmed is no longer an assisstant coach for Pakistan. What the hell is going on here?
Not a bad thing - when handing down his judgement following an inquiry into match fixing, a member of the Pakistan judiciary recommended that Mushtaq never again be allowed to have anything to do with the Pakistan team

However, this decision, in all likelihood, is more a reflection upon the current state of turmoil than complying with an order nearly a decade old.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'm willing to bet that Shahryar Khan was forced out. He probably had problems with Younis being captain as well. Musharraf probably sensed the political BS going on in PCB and forced Khan out. This is where dictatorship comes in handy. Screw democracy! :p