• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funniest thing thats happened in your BC Games

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Let me have a think... Hitting my own wickets when I only had to hold out for a few balls to win a bet. :laugh:

davo_guitarman

Cricket Spectator
well one of mine was, when my mate was batting, and he goes half drunk JUST PRACTICING MY SHOTS!!

and had his head right down and was sort of just swinging his bat, and he said it a milisecond before i was bowling it, and he happened to connect with the ball VERY hard hit as well.

and it sailed over the fence for six.

we just laughed hysterically, it was a 'you had the be there' moments but funniest thing ever on our BC pitch.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Man its not mine, its my hombois

he was playing a cricket match, on a skool team he didnt deserve to be selected for

so he was feilding and the ball came to him, comming on the ground easy

he tried to act smart and use his feet instead of using his hands

the ball jus went through his kick and into the boudary for four

the hilarious part was, there was absolutely NO NEED to use the feeet, it was soooo obvious the ball jus jus rolling towards him and he was like 10 feeet away from the boundary without needing to move either way

tried to be smart but made to look a fool

ahahaahahahahah it was just too funy if u were there

ps i no thats not really backyard cricket but it really was a small tournament at skool

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I was talking up my batting tonight and got bowled between bat and pad first ball. :cool:

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
4 people were playing and I decided to field in the slip, it was edge to me, and I used to dive it with my mouth wide open it hit my hands bounced out, and I caught them in my mouth. :laugh:

Stumped

Banned
My brother got out and he wasnt too happy, threw the bat and put a whole in the door. Mum and dad werent too pleased about it.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
mohammad16 said:
Man its not mine, its my hombois

he was playing a cricket match, on a skool team he didnt deserve to be selected for

so he was feilding and the ball came to him, comming on the ground easy

he tried to act smart and use his feet instead of using his hands

the ball jus went through his kick and into the boudary for four

the hilarious part was, there was absolutely NO NEED to use the feeet, it was soooo obvious the ball jus jus rolling towards him and he was like 10 feeet away from the boundary without needing to move either way

tried to be smart but made to look a fool

ahahaahahahahah it was just too funy if u were there

ps i no thats not really backyard cricket but it really was a small tournament at skool
I'd yell abuse at them, make sure they're suitable downcast, then laugh at them/

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:
Hitting people in the groin
Yes, i hit my uncle there with a tennis ball a few times in backyard games. I alway thought it was hilarious...and he always called the game off.

boofa

Cricket Spectator
funniest thing i remember in backyard cricket was when i had a big game going with about 8 people and one of them decided to field in a really deep slip down at the back fence with a helmet on which is about 25metres away he was there for about 4 balls then next ball fat edge just to his left took a great diving catch that looked like a slow motion catch. probably one of those had to be there moments but sure was funny

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
mine would have to be with James90, and there are alot funny moments in our games. Anyway, so i need one run to win with 1 run in hand and about 16 balls to win. James90 bowled a slower ball, i saw it and thought to myself "THANKYOU" and went for a drop and run. The ball went under my bat and clipped off stump...i think...and the game was tied.

in the end i won from the bowling shootout

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
You only needed one to win when I made the runout as well so you actually lost 2/0 resulting in a tie.

Another memory would be a drunken game I played on the street about a week ago late at night. We were playing under a streetlight until one of my mates decided to kick the streetlight and it subsequently turned off. Needless to say the game didn't last much longer, we lost the ball straight away.

Last edited:

Stumped

Banned
On xmas day we were playing cricket out the baack my brother was playing and my uncle was fielding at covers he played a cover drive and in a last ditch to he put his hands out but it didnt stop the ball from heading to his middle stump, we all cracked up !! Mum came running out with a dp.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Drop-and-runs always look pretty funny. I was on 52, which ended up being the highest score of the day, and I tried to D&R a short-one, and played it right onto my stumps. :D

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Stumped said:
On xmas day we were playing cricket out the baack my brother was playing and my uncle was fielding at covers he played a cover drive and in a last ditch to he put his hands out but it didnt stop the ball from heading to his middle stump, we all cracked up !! Mum came running out with a dp.
:blink:

Butterteeth

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Australia v South Africa

South African family moved in next door.
They spotted me and my brother playing a typically hard fought but fair game in our backyard and invited us over to their backyard for a bit of a test match.
We batted first and I took strike to the South African sister - a large, raw boned Afrikaaner lass, not unattractive to myself, a pre-pubescent kiddie not versed in the ways of romance.
I was pretty ****y and brandishing my bat (which incidentally I still have - it must be about 30 years old now) settled down to face the first ball.
It a gentle off-break which I moved into with superb footwork and played a classic, text book off drive.....beautiful to watch really...

Except that I missed it completely and was clean bowled, neck and crop....

It was about another 2 weeks before I could play again.

Stumped

Banned
Butterteeth said:
South African family moved in next door.
They spotted me and my brother playing a typically hard fought but fair game in our backyard and invited us over to their backyard for a bit of a test match.
We batted first and I took strike to the South African sister - a large, raw boned Afrikaaner lass, not unattractive to myself, a pre-pubescent kiddie not versed in the ways of romance.
I was pretty ****y and brandishing my bat (which incidentally I still have - it must be about 30 years old now) settled down to face the first ball.
It a gentle off-break which I moved into with superb footwork and played a classic, text book off drive.....beautiful to watch really...

Except that I missed it completely and was clean bowled, neck and crop....

It was about another 2 weeks before I could play again.
ahaha sounds like fun