• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Fusion

Global Moderator
Why are people so optimistic that Asif and Shoaib will return? As far as I can tell, there is no indication that they will be cleared by the doping panel and are likely headed for a long ban.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's what I think aswell, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif should be banned for a year or two because they faield a drugs test and refused to do a B sample. Pretty damn obvious really.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Perm said:
That's what I think aswell, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif should be banned for a year or two because they faield a drugs test and refused to do a B sample. Pretty damn obvious really.
This is Pakistani cricket mate, expect the unexpected.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Xuhaib said:
This is Pakistani cricket mate, expect the unexpected.
Well reports are coming out that both have been banned (Shoaib for two years, Asif for one). I for one am glad that the PCB did the right thing in this case. As sad and depressing as this news is, it is the correct thing to do.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well with Akhtar and Asif out, Pakistan will depend on Kaneria a lot & will hope Naved can lift his game soon or else the Windies batsmen could well and cash in.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Time to take a gamble and unleash Jamshed and Anwar, in the current lineup apart from Gul none looks international class.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif and Akhtar out is great news for the West Indies, but I still can't envision them winning a Test overseas. It's unheard of for years now. We haven't beaten a team other than Zimbabwe or Bangladesh overseas since 2000.

Perm

Predicting Pakistan to bat West Indies out of the tests know that they are without their top 2 pace bowlers. Gul and Sami to spearhead the attack, and hopefully Sami picks up some wickets and gets his confidence back because thats what Pakistan need right now.

adharcric

International Coach
Xuhaib said:
Time to take a gamble and unleash Jamshed and Anwar, in the current lineup apart from Gul none looks international class.
This would have been feasible had the Pakistani selectors used their brains earlier. Instead, they persisted with trash like Khalil for those A tours. Unleashing two kids with nothing but u-19 experience would be idiocy right now. Even Indian selectors can't pull that one off. Nevertheless, they have to get at least Jamshed into the A team ASAP.

Xuhaib

International Coach
adharcric said:
This would have been feasible had the Pakistani selectors used their brains earlier. Instead, they persisted with trash like Khalil for those A tours. Unleashing two kids with nothing but u-19 experience would be idiocy right now. Even Indian selectors can't pull that one off. Nevertheless, they have to get at least Jamshed into the A team ASAP.
Yes i agree, looking at Jamshed's built i would say he is still not strong enough to handle the stress of int.cricket.

haroon510

International 12th Man
chris gayle is the man inform and with a wonderful record of brain lara against pakistan, these two batsmen can give pakistan hard time. spacially a pakistani team without shoaib and asif. they will give sami a chance on first test lets see if he takes advantage of it or not. i predict that West Indies would give pakistan a though challange.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
haroon510 said:
chris gayle is the man inform and with a wonderful record of brain lara against pakistan, these two batsmen can give pakistan hard time. spacially a pakistani team without shoaib and asif. they will give sami a chance on first test lets see if he takes advantage of it or not. i predict that West Indies would give pakistan a though challange.
Congratulations haroon510 on your 100th post!!! May you go on to make 100 thousand more! :clapping:

*trying to owe up for that joke you got offended by* Sorry once again dawg!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Perm said:
Predicting Pakistan to bat West Indies out of the tests know that they are without their top 2 pace bowlers. Gul and Sami to spearhead the attack, and hopefully Sami picks up some wickets and gets his confidence back because thats what Pakistan need right now.
Has Sami's confidence been up since his first couple of Tests? He's almost exclusively been a crap Test bowler.

Perm

I have seen him bowl some good spells when he has got it in the right areas and used his pace, which I think has to do with his confidence and the confidence that the captain has played in him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Perm said:
I have seen him bowl some good spells when he has got it in the right areas and used his pace, which I think has to do with his confidence and the confidence that the captain has played in him.
I've seen Sajid Mahmood bowl some good spells with the ball in the right areas and at good pace. Heck, I've even seen Adam Sanford bowl some sharp spells.

The fact is that Mohammad Sami has only ever really had success against Sri Lanka and New Zealand, and even that is mild.

v NZ: 14 @ 35.07
v Eng: 15 @ 49.20
v Aus: 6 @ 78.33
v SL: 9 @ 28.22
v Ind: 17 @ 58.52
v SA: 5 @ 79.00

Or rather. against teams other than New Zealand, his average is a staggering 51.52 and his SR is 84. He has 14 wickets in 4 Tests v NZ, with 2 five-fors, and 59 wickets in 24 Tests against everyone else, with 0 five-fors.

His career average is 48.36 and his career S/R is 81.9. Incredibly he has absolutely no foot on which to stand, considering that his average at home is 48.79 and his S/R is 81.2. Even Adam Sanford was better than that. Pretty dire.

Perm

Shows how poor our batting is then, I still think the selectors will give him another chance because there isn't many other options that are experienced enough. Just my opinion.