• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan to win both series comfortably regardless of their seemingly current internal strife. Asif to get a truck load of wickets and whoever opens for Pakistan (no matter how mediocre) will probably ton up. Though I expect both teams will be a bit weary going into the series considering it starts just a matter of days after the Champions Trophy has finished.

Xuhaib

International Coach
TT Boy said:
Pakistan to win both series comfortably regardless of their seemingly current internal strife. Asif to get a truck load of wickets and whoever opens for Pakistan (no matter how mediocre) will probably ton up. Though I expect both teams will be a bit weary going into the series considering it starts just a matter of days after the Champions Trophy has finished.
Gayle to be Asif's bunny in tests.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TT Boy said:
WI could potentially be more tired though, considering that if they advance in the tournament, they'll likely have played more matches than Pakistan.

Craig

World Traveller
One other question Liam, what ever become of Marlon Black? Is he still playing cricket in Trinidad?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
One other question Liam, what ever become of Marlon Black? Is he still playing cricket in Trinidad?
I think he's playing club cricket, but totally out of the picture for domestic selection right now. He's just one of those who lost the motivation I think.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jermaine Lawson

Is Jermaine Lawson way down in the West Indian seamers pecking order ?

I thought he had real potential in India in 2002.....could have made quite a pairing with Jerome Taylor.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
You can scrap that thought. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Gajanayake said:
Is Jermaine Lawson way down in the West Indian seamers pecking order ?

I thought he had real potential in India in 2002.....could have made quite a pairing with Jerome Taylor.
Lawson has had many injury problems since then, as well as a couple of chucking accusations. He rose out of the first one to bowl superbly in Sri Lanka last year, then was accused again immediately after the first Tests, when he was at his best.

He returned at the start of this year, but looked less than a shadow of the bowler he once was. He lost all his pace and seemed to be trundling in at medium pace, doing nothing with the ball, and proving totally ineffective as a result of it. Apparently he's improved since then though, but with the emergence of Jerome Taylor, he's not very close to the West Indies team right now IMO.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Lawson has had many injury problems since then, as well as a couple of chucking accusations. He rose out of the first one to bowl superbly in Sri Lanka last year, then was accused again immediately after the first Tests, when he was at his best.

He returned at the start of this year, but looked less than a shadow of the bowler he once was. He lost all his pace and seemed to be trundling in at medium pace, doing nothing with the ball, and proving totally ineffective as a result of it. Apparently he's improved since then though, but with the emergence of Jerome Taylor, he's not very close to the West Indies team right now IMO.
Heard he might sign with an Indian side soon. And yes he has improved. Saw him bowl a few months back and he looked to be bowling at good pace.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Well i would only want to watch this tour if they stop making those flat tracks, i mean everyone knows the ease at which our batsman can score runs provided such pitches. I hope they make the sort of pitches where pak played india in the last match at karachi, where irfan took a hatrick. I want to see proper test matches atleast, where our batsman need to work hard for runs. Maybe then we could find out who is good enough technically and can cope with some swing and bounce, i know west indies havent got the best bowling but still its gonna help us to some extent, find batsman who are technically strong at test level.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jerome Taylor and Corey Collymore won't mind a bit of swing and life at all, let alone Fidel Edwards.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I think Windies definately have to be favourites for this series now, especially if Pakistan aren't full strength in the bowling department.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The series with India really seems to have lit a fire under them. They dominated the ODI's and the Test series was closer than I expected.

I think it will be a greatly contested series.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar I think the Pakistan quick's still struggle to dismiss the class batsman that the West Indies posess in their top order. I expect Umar Gul to be leading the attack with possibly Mohammad Sami to partner him due to him having some experience at Test level. Pakistan's opening partnership still looks brittle but will be bolstered by the return of Shoaib Malik, I'm picking Mohammad Hafeez to partner him at the top.

shortpitched713

International Captain
People seem to forget that the Windies have been pretty dire at Test cricket.

I'm predicting a 1-1 drawn Test series. I'm not so sure about the ODIs. Depends on whether the Windies get hammered in the semis or not.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hopefully good news is to come for Shoaib & Asif and they can participate in this series.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Its going to be close series IMO, but i think with inzi back and asif and shoaib back( more likely) Pakistan might have upper hand