• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Murali have taken more wickets had he been a left armer?

Would Murali have taken more or less wickets had he been a left armer?

• More

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Less

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I was thinking about this today, and I wondered how many wickets Murali would have taken, had he been a slow left armer?

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
u really cant answer this question thats like saying if shayne warne was a lefty would he have taken more wickets or if ashely giles was right handed would he have taken more wikets it really is impossible to tell :wacko:

Dravid

International Captain
I doubt it, but its really hard to say. These kinda what if questions are near impossible to answer.

R_D

International Debutant
Robertson said:
u really cant answer this question thats like saying if shayne warne was a lefty would he have taken more wickets or if ashely giles was right handed would he have taken more wikets it really is impossible to tell :wacko:
lol yeah exactly.
More appropriate question would've been would Murali have taken more or less wickets if had no defect in his bowling arm.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
R_D said:
lol yeah exactly.
More appropriate question would've been would Murali have taken more or less wickets if had no defect in his bowling arm.
Neither. I don't think it affects his wicket taking ability. Its the wrist, not the arm. Except when he bowls the doosra, as I do have doubts about that delivery (when anyone bowls it).

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Robertson said:
Yes,this thread is not good thread

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Its a bit of an odd question, I voted less because 1,000 international wickets its pretty hard to beat in any case

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I say less because had he been left handed....he mit've been able to write faster and therefore probably would've finished his 12th grade math and/or science exam faster and in time....and this mite've resulted in him being a big engineer or scientist or doctor or something along those lines.