• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Darrel Hair be officially fined and banned ?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Krishna_j said:
what has been the general reaction in Australia towards Darrel Hair - is he seen as doing his bit for cricket and likewise.....
it hasn't been a very big story down here, after the initial two or three days. After that its rated a mention in the sports section of the news, or on the back page of the paper, but without much feeling either way. I think it only us cricket tragics down under who have any particular interest in it. Of that small section of society, its probably reasonably split between people who dislike Hair, and people who might not necessarily love Hair, but think that the umpire has to do his job, and if that means acting in the style Hair did, so be it.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
hair

Its v interesting to read the comments - earlier this week I was in melbourne and randomly flicking thru The Age read articles by Keith Stackpole and Richie Benaud - yesteryear stalwarts - both were kind of proposing that since Darrell Hair lives in england he is now technically a "neutral" and hence should be invited to umpire the Ashes Boxing Day test match at the MCG.

Stacky envisaged the entire 90K MCG rising to applaud the Hairy Bird with himself leading the way - Amazing stuff :laugh:

Always suspected Stacky was senile but Benaud as well ?? :blink:

Legglancer

State Regular
Krishna_j said:
Its v interesting to read the comments - earlier this week I was in melbourne and randomly flicking thru The Age read articles by Keith Stackpole and Richie Benaud - yesteryear stalwarts - both were kind of proposing that since Darrell Hair lives in england he is now technically a "neutral" and hence should be invited to umpire the Ashes Boxing Day test match at the MCG.

Stacky envisaged the entire 90K MCG rising to applaud the Hairy Bird with himself leading the way - Amazing stuff :laugh:

Always suspected Stacky was senile but Benaud as well ?? :blink:
Hey Krish ... care to copy the articles ?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
:) I never that Stack's article was even worth a second glance - u can sheck the web site for the Age between Oct 8-10

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I recently went to a talk by Marcus Berkmann and Bill Frindall at my local literature festival, and they came out with some very interesting facts. They said that Mohammad Asif had taught the Leicstershire team to fiddle with the ball, and that Tim Boon (the Leicstershire coach), had informed Duncan Fletcher of this, and to tell him to keep his eyes open for any stuff.

Darrel Hair also said that he had seen Asif fiddle with it, and had told Billy Doctrove and he had said that they should leave it a little longer before incurring any penalties.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
PhoenixFire said:
I recently went to a talk by Marcus Berkmann and Bill Frindall at my local literature festival, and they came out with some very interesting facts. They said that Mohammad Asif had taught the Leicstershire team to fiddle with the ball, and that Tim Boon (the Leicstershire coach), had informed Duncan Fletcher of this, and to tell him to keep his eyes open for any stuff.

Darrel Hair also said that he had seen Asif fiddle with it, and had told Billy Doctrove and he had said that they should leave it a little longer before incurring any penalties.
then why hasn't he named it in his reports or during the hearing?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Well we predicted this a month ago thru all your posts - BAN HIM THE BLIGHTER -

The clear message is don't mess around with Asian countries - only the trio Aus/Eng/NZ voted for him which reveals latent Anglo Saxon prejudices

Only it took ICC so long to deliberate - so what does our bristling self righteous umpire now do - maybe sell his memoirs and garner his 600K quid now - revealing - HOW HE DID IT & :laugh: his way to the Bank

Last edited: