• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Underated from 95 - 06?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most underrated players

Saeed Anwar
Mohammad Yousuf
Danish Kaneria
Kamran Akmal
VVS Laxman
Matthew Hayden
Simon Jones
Shivnarayan Chander Pal
Shane Bond
Chis Schofield

and....
Neil Pickup
Richard Dickinson
Bond? Not sure what gives you that impression, nearly everyone rates him as one of the best bowlers of recent times.

sideshowtim

Banned
Some people may be surprised when I say Rahul Dravid. His Test record says it all and should be hed up in the same bracket as Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting but everyone seems to forget about Dravid. I mean 111 Tests with an average of 56.47 and 24 tons is just incredible.
Drops to 50 when you remove Bangladesh and the Zimmers though.

pasag

RTDAS
I think Bracken and Dravid are rated quite appropriately (on CW at least). I'll never forget that delivery to Gayle in the CT final where Gayle was looking superhuman and in the form of his life and smashing us to all parts. Bracken won it for us right there and then with that beauty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah but as it stands, he did a very fine job for West Indies in ODI's and while his record doesn't really reflect it in tests I thought he bowled well in that format.
He didn't, though, that's the thing. ITE his career was a bit of a disappointment (ER up around 4.6-an-over, when as I say I initially genuinely hoped and believed he had it in him to have one below 4-an-over). Not entirely his own fault, of course, as several times he was asked to bowl later on in the innings than he should have been being, but there were several times when he got slogged from-the-word-go too (never more than those 2 horrible games when those woeful sloggers Afridi and Vincent got after him - FFS, I hated those 2 games).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'Course I do, Mullally was an absolutely superb ODI bowler.
Okay - thought we were talking tests.

Good economy rate, I'll grant you. Only played 50 matches though. Bit of a shame if he was that good.

pup11

International Coach
I think Bracken and Dravid are rated quite appropriately (on CW at least). I'll never forget that delivery to Gayle in the CT final where Gayle was looking superhuman and in the form of his life and smashing us to all parts. Bracken won it for us right there and then with that beauty.
Yeah i agree with you on that mate, Dravid and Bracks are both rated pretty appropriatedly on CW, and Dravid is also rated very highly around in the international circuit they call him "THE WALL" but since he became the captain of India his form has dipped a bit.Bracks thoung isn't rated as highly as he should be in the internatinal circuit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay - thought we were talking tests.

Good economy rate, I'll grant you. Only played 50 matches though. Bit of a shame if he was that good.
50 matches for England, especially then, was a decent enough number, and would probably be more equivalent to about 90 or 100 at the current time (or 200 or so for another team who play more).

For me, Mullally's ODI career was lengthy enough for him to be described as a top-shelf bowler.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Andy Flower was one of the greatest wicketkeeper batsman of the specified era but never got the credit he deserved.