• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Karnataka v Western Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think these things are absolutely fantastic! I would love for this to be an every day thing.

I don't know if the schedules could match, but maybe every year a tournament should be hosted pitting the winners of each domestic competition against each other?

If not, just these bilateral tours are great. It exposes the first class players to other teams, and gives them some great learning experience.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
AussieDominance said:
there pretty consistently in the middle part of the table but they do have a lot of players on ODI or Test Dury eg Langer,Gilchrist,Hussey
Yeah, Western Australia are a lot like NSW. Breeding grounds for fantastic players, who dont often get to play for them!
I'm not sure if Karnataka could stand up to the might of a full WA lineup, but they seem to be doing okay atm.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
silentstriker said:
I think these things are absolutely fantastic! I would love for this to be an every day thing.

I don't know if the schedules could match, but maybe every year a tournament should be hosted pitting the winners of each domestic competition against each other?

If not, just these bilateral tours are great. It exposes the first class players to other teams, and gives them some great learning experience.
My thoughts exactly :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nice to see Deepak Chougule scoring some runs. Gaurav Dhiman could play ODI cricket in the next five years as well.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I couldn't agree more with silentstrikers remarks. These kinds of things are really good for cricket, as it exposes the players to different conditions and players than they are used to. It is also a big challenge too because you have to adjust to the different styles of play you might encounter. Keep it coming I say.

deeps

International 12th Man
players from WA That you may have heard of

Justin Langer
Adam Gilchrist
Damien Martyn
Brad Hogg
Michael Hussey
Brad Williams
Brett Dorey
Ryan Campbell (i think he's retired now)
Sean Ervine (the zimbabwe one)
Marcus North

So a fair few good players there. Was a major force a few years back before the west aussies stormed into the aussie line up.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Williams was sacked and Campbell has retired.

I guess Rogers might be known with his stints in county cricket.

Ordinary bowling attack but they bat deep even without the test players. Voges and Marsh would be prospective Australian cricketers.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
chooka_nick said:
Yeah, Western Australia are a lot like NSW. Breeding grounds for fantastic players, who dont often get to play for them!
I'm not sure if Karnataka could stand up to the might of a full WA lineup, but they seem to be doing okay atm.

Karnataka are also not full strength though....a full strength Karnataka would feature both ANil Kumble and Rahul Dravid. :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Gajanayake said:
Karnataka are also not full strength though....a full strength Karnataka would feature both ANil Kumble and Rahul Dravid. :)
Now that would be a game worth watching :D

brockley

International Captain
Are these actually first class games,i know nsw toured india last year but they weren't considered first class matches.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
brockley said:
Are these actually first class games,i know nsw toured india last year but they weren't considered first class matches.
Almost definitely not, but I stand to be corrected.

shortpitched713

International Captain
If its anything like the recent Sialkot - UP match it will be totally rubish with most test quality players not even caring.:dry:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
brockley said:
Because NSW took a "development side". Much like Victoria took to England last year, and sub-continent this year.

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
chooka_nick said:
The best part is that arguably the most successful Western Australian is from NSW lmao... Good old Gilly :D