Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Harmison v Brett Lee

International Captain
    Was Harmi ,now Lee !!
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Mmmmm....

Harmison as people have said is great on his day, but i'm begining to think more and more now that he relys more on conditions to get his wickets than any other bowler in test cricket.

I mean, most days he's absolutely useless, but compare that to when he takes wickets and it's crazy, that gap between his bowling in incredible, there seems to be no middle ground.

General consensus seems to be that harmison is more talented but that Brett lee is more...reliable.

If I was to have the option of picking one of them for a five Test series, I would select harmison. He would most likely have 1 stinker, 2 quiet games, 1 good game, and one mesmerising game, his mesmering performances are generally matchwinning ones, and even when he has a quiet game, he is more than capable of pulling something out of nowhere all of a sudden, ie Clarke last ball day 3 Edgbaston.

Brett Lee is good, but I'd rather have Harmy, but then you all knew that I'd say that anyway, didn't you?
    GIMH

CW LEGEND. HEAD OF FEATURES 2009-11. BOTM CHAMPION 2011 & 15. LORD PROTECTOR 2019-20. PLATINUM LOUNGE FOUNDING MEMBER. TORY **** 2005-13. DELUDED CENTRIST 2013-15. PART OF EVERY PROBLEM 2016-PRESENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS A CONCEPT BY WHICH WE MEASURE OUR PAIN.

SWA/UP THE ENGLISH

bret lee
    he is more consistent.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Shane Warne.

/Ok, I'll stop trolling now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Ok, I'll stop trolling now.
    We're all quite accustomed to it by now.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    How about Shane Bond (prob not proven enough I guess)

Lee is a threat in Tests but not as great as that of bowlers such as McGrath or even some of the others in Australia that are slightly slower than him. I think both bowlers are suited to different conditions and if everything clicks either of them have potential to produce devastating spells. I think as fast bowlers their spells generally can't be very long so they have to produce the goods from go.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Generally speaking, Harmison is better in tests. Lee's come a long way in the last year or so though, and if he bowls like he did last summer in tests all the time, he'll be better.

Incidentally, when I say "last summer" I'm referring to the Australian summer, not the Ashes.

agreed. Lee is also an excellent fielder and a handy batsman
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    We're all quite accustomed to it by now.
    Err, actually, I almost never troll. I just disagree with your assertions that the current Indian pace attack is the second coming of Marshall and Ambrose.

Yes, I know you didn't actually say that.

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    agreed. Lee is also an excellent fielder and a handy batsman
    Again Harmison is fairly good with the bat down the order when he bothers, should be above Hoggard. But most of the time he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Right now, I'd pick Lee but only because I like guys who, even when they're getting belted, are putting in absolutely everything they've got. I really, really like Harmi and he frustrates me because he has the raw ingredients to be a top-level Test bower. Why he hasn't been able to put it all together is beyond me.

That said, I think both Lee and Harmi are about to turn the corner; this Ashes series where they go head-to-head as the respective leaders of their attacks will be very interesting......

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    At the moment I would take Lee over Harmison just for the fact that his attitude his better and he tries hard, that kind of person is somebody you need in your team. However if Harmison gets a pitch that suits his bowling he is basically unplayable, the same of which cannot be said for Lee in tests.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Again Harmison is fairly good with the bat down the order when he bothers, should be above Hoggard. But most of the time he looks as though he'd rather be somewhere else.

Your so right there, in fact, maybe more so then his bowling, the guy can hit the ball, has a decent technique. He should be averaging about 19, but he doesn't seem to care.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Not intending to have a go at anyone, and there are many exceptions, but I'm a bit amazed by how many English cricket fans you see on here who don't seem to have seen or even heard about any cricket in recent times outside of the Ashes and the games England play. We didn't get the English subcontinent tours on TV here, but most Australian cricket fans would still at least be aware of who the English players who performed well and so on are.

Judging Lee's current form on the Ashes would be like totally writing off Ian Bell as an international batsmen based on his Ashes series. He has in fact played 12 test matches and 20+ ODIs since then, and surely anyone who even read match reports from the home summer would know that he bowled well and that The Oval is not entirely representative of his range of abilities. Also seen English people on here recently suggesting Hayden won't be an issue in the Ashes or even that he should be dropped, despite the fact that he's scored 5 centuries in the last year and averaged 73 in the home summer.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Not intending to have a go at anyone, and there are many exceptions, but I'm a bit amazed by how many English cricket fans you see on here who don't seem to have seen or even heard about any cricket in recent times outside of the Ashes and the games England play. We didn't get the English subcontinent tours on TV here, but most Australian cricket fans would still at least be aware of who the English players who performed well and so on are.
    I've found that, in general, Australians pay a lot more attention to all cricket whereas England tends to focus in very much on the Ashes.

Obviously, thats the series that is the most important to both countries and when it's exciting, there is very little that can match it. But Australia seems to care, and focus, on each series and winning that series. England's focus seems to be 'well, we'll treat all these tours as tryouts for the Ashes.' It's up to them in terms of what they see as most important, but I don't think it benefits them to be so singlularly attached to one series.

Australia always pays a lot of attention to the tours to subcontinent, which a lot of players don't personally like visiting (no night life, different culture, etc). But Aussies tend to try to make the best of it, whereas English players just want to find an excuse to pull out.

Anyway, I agree that Ashes are the most important to both countries and its OK to have favorites, but I don't know if such singular focus is a good thing.

I'm not singling out any English fan on this board, since a lot of them here are some of the most knowledgable about the game - but thats just the feeling I get when listening to most english fans or their media. Maybe an Englishman would like to give their opinion on this? I know about four or five English cricket fans personally, and they all pretty much only care about the Ashes. When pakistan visited, it was all about 'well yea, he is doing well but how's he going to do in the Ashes?'. Even in SL or India, "Yea, well Flintoff is doing well in India, but maybe they should let him rest in all Tests until the next Ashes." That type of thing. Of course, thats just anecdotal evidence - but it seems to be corroborated when I hear a lot of the commentary by English media (on air and paper commentary). Nothing overt, but just a general feeling of 'Yea, but what about the Ashes?'
    Last edited by silentstriker; 30-09-2006 at 01:45 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information