• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Great Debate Thread

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
<bump>

This had promise. Any update? In a forum full of lists and 'whos better threads' a premise like this was refreshing.

If its still alive, I look forward to seeing the results of a decent indepth debate on a topic.

Just to add, I think the idea is very good but Im not sure how everyone can get excited about the current topic. If there is a next one could it be made a little edgier?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I was under the impression that the debate teams had been working on that topic this whole time. But yeah the McGrath topic is definitely a better one.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, this topic is set but the McGrath one may be a decent idea for the next one.

However, Im still interested in seeing the current topic being debated. Is it going ahead?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the time this was set up , the Katich issue was a hot topic. However, it seems to have stalled.

If the current teams are still working on their debates, we'll go ahead with the Katich topic, if not we'll have to see who is still interested and make a new topic.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This had promise. Any update? In a forum full of lists and 'whos better threads' a premise like this was refreshing.
Interesting, seems the player-vs-player threads abounded before early-2008 as well.

Spinksy

Banned
I can't believe that this thread is dead considering that it was shaping to be so good, do you think that we can get it going again?