• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jones to commentate again

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I think it was very stupid and naive on his behalf, but not malicious. He was rightly punished and gently flogged, he's done his bird like.

Shabash Tapash

Cricket Spectator
He was a turd commentator anyway - down there with Bob Willis and Tony Greig and Nasser Hussain in the worst commentator possible stakes

Dravid

International Captain
Good move by ICC imo. Everyone deserves a second chance and a chance to fix their mistake. I just hope he doesnt do anything stupid again, but besides that I'm looking foward to hearing his commentary again.

howardj

International Coach
Shabash Tapash said:
He was a turd commentator anyway - down there with Bob Willis and Tony Greig and Nasser Hussain in the worst commentator possible stakes
Agree. Jones is a boofhead commentator. Likes to make ridiculous, off-the-wall comments on the state of a game, that are so outlandish they're childish.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good work by the ICC as far as I'm concerned, everybody makes mistakes and everybody deserves a chance to fix them. I've never heard Dean Jones commentate but how good he is doesn't really matter in the context of what happened.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Shabash Tapash said:
Agreed. IMO, though, his offence certainly didn't deserve his career being ended, even if much of his general commentary does. :)

(I do have a soft spot for Greiggy though.)

Legglancer

State Regular
Perm said:
Good work by the ICC as far as I'm concerned, everybody makes mistakes and everybody deserves a chance to fix them. I've never heard Dean Jones commentate but how good he is doesn't really matter in the context of what happened.
I agree and I think Deano is good for the game !!! But I am getting sick of Aussie's getting off with a "wrist slap" for Racist comments/atitudes ....

Cricket australia should come up with something soon before things get ugly !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He comes across as a nice friendly guy with an exaggerated sense of humour.

He made a huge mistake (I dont think he is a racist) and he has suffered enough not to repeat it on or off the record. If that happens we should be happy to forgive and forget.

Isnt that what its finally all about?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, I met him in Chennai during the 2004 test against Australia and he came across as a genuinely nice bloke. What he did was a stupid mistake, but it was a mistake nonetheless and having apologized and gotten his dues for it, he should be allowed to come back to work.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dean Jones has always had a reputation as a guy who speaks before he thinks - makes for interesting and stupid comments in almost equal proportion.

One of the few guys that had the ability to commentate (?) whilst batting.