• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 17-24 Sept.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

BoyBrumby - 9000 Posts
James - 7000 Posts
Slow Love? - 4000 Posts

The Aussies win yet another trophy, but I am not happy with Ponting:@ ; winning all 5 tosses, what was he thinking? Save that luck for the Ashes please Ricky :dry:

We would love some help, especially from someone who follows the fortunes of one of the subcontinent teams, you would only have to pick a couple of awards each week :)

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: honestbharani for this click here Well thought out post, the answer as with Slater may remain a mystery.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is honestbharani for this click here , Two awards this week, well done

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Fratboy for this click here I am going to a dinner on Tuesday night with the great man (Skull) as guest speaker :cool:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Goughy , Not sure how many awards this is for Goughy, but deserved since he contributes a lot to the site.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Sanz for this click here This was tongue in cheek, but lack of smiley emotions can be a killer :ph34r:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is (happy Fraz?) talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Turbinator click here
I like this logic, well I did last night after a few beers :unsure:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: BoyBrumby, Shows a lot of common sense, although he does take a lot of notice of Jardine :-O

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: andmark, Jason said he should be banned, Neil wanted to know how old he was, and most others just took the wee, wee out of him, but we the awards team say welcome. Should have plenty of Inzi material here :laugh:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: School Yard Pick click here Two awards now for this thread, after winning the Warne last week :cool:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

archie mac

International Coach
silentstriker said:
I have not won an award for several weeks now. I demand a recount.
You almost won the Skull, but I changed Marc's choice as I was worried it may offend :)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Prince EWS said:
I clocked up 2,000 posts and no-one noticed. :(

My bad.. Sorry about that.. it shall be included in next set of awards, i also noticed that i missed someone else who i regularly talk to :ph34r:

hhahaha manju naughty! nah guys and girls seriously its impossible to see everything so email us on the emails in the first post and we wont miss much!

FRAZ

International Captain
A great thread and the post HonestBharani, Congrats .. Silent striker & others,Doing a great job too .
I twisted my ankle (one of those cricket sacrifices) ,and I am at a 1 week bed rest . I did a stupid thing by continuing play after I fell down and I used that damn spray (which is so so intense and makes the pain go away for the time being ) . After I came home I felt like dieng with the pain and now my foot is wrapped up and I am angry ........ As far as the awards are concerned,
I'll be back (if MrCasson, Matteh and company will let me)
Fraz