• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne

andmark

International Captain
Many people across the world think that Shane Warne is the greatest spinner ever.Richie Benaud for example.
But who can replace the great Shane Warne when he retires.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think anybody will be able to fully replace Shane Warne but there are a few up and coming spinners in Australia at the moment. I'm not very knowledgeable about these players but guys like Dan Cullen, Cullen Bailey and Beau Casson are the future of Australian spin bowling if I'm not mistaken. Probably a few more to add to the list aswell.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My question to Andmark is ... why did you stop with only 4 threads on the same ... topic.. :dry:

You are asking to be banned by the Mods , IMO....

andyc

JASON said:
My question to Andmark is ... why did you stop with only 4 threads on the same ... topic.. :dry:

You are asking to be banned by the Mods , IMO....
Nah it's been really slow today. I'm guessing he tried to create, and it just loaded for a long time, so he clicked the 'create thread' button a few times.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
JASON said:
We could have 10 threads by the name of the great man, and that would still not be enough.

Johnners

add Daniel Doran to the list of those looking to take his spot in the test team...

No-one will ever be able to replace what warne bought to the team, but i've no doubt one of these younger fella's can step up to the plate and do a fine job.

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
andmark said:
But who can replace the great Shane Warne when he retires.
Pretty tough to do so. For one thing the replacement would need strong thumb muscles and a SIM card that'll hold more than 1000 numbers.